XF 1.5 Change Media-Tab position?

t0daY

Good Evening,

I got a small question according the navigation bar. At the moment I have

Home -> Forums -> Media -> About Us -> Calendar -> Members -> Streams -> Donations

Home is CTA Featured thread.
Media is the XenForo Media Gallery.
About Us, Calendar, Members are static pages listed with "Custom Tabs" (Middle 1-2-3)
Streams is 8way streaming plugin.
Donations is also a static page listed with "Custom Tabs" (End 1)

Is there a way of changing the order? I tried already to fiddle around in the template "navigation" but without any greater success. Any simple solution to get the Media between "Members" and "Streams"? Also is their a way of renaming that tab to something different than "Media"?

Greetings,
Manuel Dürr

There are three options for the tab position - home, middle, and end.

It would likely require changing the code event listeners for the various add-ons to get it exactly where you want.

You can change the tab name by editing the phrase.

There are three options for the tab position - home, middle, and end.

It would likely require changing the code event listeners for the various add-ons to get it exactly where you want.

You can change the tab name by editing the phrase.

Okay. The problem is, even when I set "About Us -> Calendar -> Members" on first/home, the Forum tab now goes behind them. Media Page is moving correct to the back.

Okay tried more things out but still without success. It worked like 2 hours ago perfectly but suddenly Media changed to 3rd position :O :O

There's actually an option in XFMG to change the tab position, and the tab title.

You can set the position to Home, Middle or End. To fine tune the position after that, you will need to adjust the execution order on the navigation_tabs event listener for the respective add-ons.

As for everything else, you will likely need to seek advice from the authors of the respective add-ons regarding fine tuning the order of their tabs. There's no proper way to manage this in XF and changes made to the execution order, or the tab position (which usually requires a code edit) will be reset each time the add-on is updated.

There's actually an option in XFMG to change the tab position, and the tab title.

You can set the position to Home, Middle or End. To fine tune the position after that, you will need to adjust the execution order on the navigation_tabs event listener for the respective add-ons.

As for everything else, you will likely need to seek advice from the authors of the respective add-ons regarding fine tuning the order of their tabs. There's no proper way to manage this in XF and changes made to the execution order, or the tab position (which usually requires a code edit) will be reset each time the add-on is updated.

Sounds good, but one little question. Where can I find the XFMG?^^ Well the rest of the tabs I can easily adjust with the Custom Tab plugin I guess.

Top Bottom