Change Content Owner or Date

Change Content Owner or Date 2.0.15

No permission to download
Sure, the update (2.0.10->2.0.12) recreates all attachments and it takes time in a well-visited forum when ~70,000 attachments are "recreated".

Or do I not understand something correctly?

latest update
Last I checked the latest version 2.0.12 and it does not trigger the attachment rebuild process. When upgrading from 2.0.11 or directly to 2.0.12 does trigger the attachment.

You missed to tell me that you are upgrading to 2.0.12 version of the add-on.

We didn’t get around it.

5 days and 60+ million records later...
Run this query in phpMyAdmin/wherever you run database queries:
SQL:
DELETE FROM xf_job WHERE execute_class = 'TickTackk\ChangeContentOwner:Upgrade\RebuildAttachmentOwner'

There is no GUI rebuild action. You can trigger upgrade step using this command
Code:
php <path to xf goes here>/cmd.php xf-addon:upgrade-step TickTackk/ChangeContentOwner 2001170 1
which causes the entire rebuild build process.

Last I checked the latest version 2.0.12 and it does not trigger the attachment rebuild process. When upgrading from 2.0.11 or directly to 2.0.12 does trigger the attachment.

You missed to tell me that you are upgrading to 2.0.12 version of the add-on.
Which is what I said: "latest update". Not "new install of version 2.0.12".

@TickTackk - Was the latest update supposed to kick off a full attachment rebuild?

But as I said, we survived it.

Yes, and therefore it would be appropriate to announce such labor-intensive database operations so that you can run it overnight.

And the latest update does not trigger that.
" When upgrading from 2.0.11 or directly to 2.0.12 does trigger the attachment. "

I don't know what you define as "latest update". "Update" doesn't indicate "fresh install" to me at all.

I was asking in relation to the operation of updating the installed software on our end. Not your act of releasing the latest version.

But it's OK. We are out the other end now.

We appreciate the free addon. It is very useful. We are grateful for it. But in future it would be a great help to warn people updating or installing about big operations like this.

Thanks.

I was asking in relation to the operation of updating the installed software on our end. Not your act of releasing the latest version.
When someone says "update" without providing the previous/current version then I usually assume they are doing a clean installation. Clearly a miscommunication on update vs. upgrade from my side, apologies.

1. When you are NOT logged in as administrator, posts of the changed user's show up in "Whats New" correctly, But DONT show in "Latest Activity".
Could you have a look?
However when logged in as Administrator, everything shows up as expected in both "Whats New" and "Latest Activity".
I'm unable to reproduce that. There might be another add-on which could be doing that black magicery.

Top Bottom