Change Author

Change Author 3.0

No permission to download
One of my members is named: John " Zero "

When I am making him an author, it is causing a MysqlI error:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Zero "" WHERE node_id = ?' at line 2
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Andy/ChangeAuthor/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 140
Andy_ChangeAuthor_ControllerPublic_Post->actionChangeAuthorSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/index.php at line 13

Could you please fix this in the next update ?
Or maybe it could be me ?

@AndyB, is it not possible to bulk change authors? Don't get me wrong though, I don't plan on changing ALL of the old author's thread. Only a select ones on a certain forum, but they're quite a lot.

I installed the plugin, and it works great, but only if I change back to the default xenforo theme. In my main theme, change author is not displayed?

It's definitely something to do with the style and the way it handles placement of the link, I had this type of thing happen with various addons in various places like things that should show up in the User meny based on permissions, etc.

Sometimes I get an error clicking on Change Author:

The following error occurred:
The requested page could not be found.

Do I need to do anything before using the addon? :S

Sometimes I get an error clicking on Change Author:

The following error occurred:
The requested page could not be found.

Do I need to do anything before using the addon? :S

-----
EDIT: I had almost a similar issue but came to realize it's associated with Similar threads addon

Last edited:
I installed the plugin, and it works great, but only if I change back to the default xenforo theme. In my main theme, change author is not displayed?

Same issue as RyanWeb. @AndyB any advice?

had same issue...resolved by adding the following to the private controls section of the message template (modified theme)

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.changeAuthorGroupID.changeAuthorID}">
                                    <a href="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}{xen:link 'posts/changeauthor', $post}" class="item control OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase changeauthor_change_author}</a>
                                </xen:if>

Last edited:
A few things, if I may:

Regarding the issue of Change Authors not showing up in Thread Tools, Monk's code is correct, edit thread_view to add it to the tools when viewing the thread. Anyone know the template name to add it for the thread list?

Had a few errors, fixed now, incompatible with Topic Starter's Rights.

Last edited:
How does this interact with sub-accounts? Can a user only change the post author to an account they have permissions to use, is it tied to IP address, or something else?

How does this interact with sub-accounts? Can a user only change the post author to an account they have permissions to use, is it tied to IP address, or something else?
Whoever have the permission to change author will be able to change any author to anybody.

Last edited:
Andy, is there any kind of batch ability with this tool (which is just what I was looking for). I have a user who used two accounts and now wants all or most of the posts attributed to one of her accounts now attributed to the other. Thanks.

Hi,

I use the resource manager. I would like to change the author name of the ratings/comments (marked in red in the screenshot). Is there a way to do this with this addon?

username_resource_manager_ratings.webp

Top Bottom