Allows changing the author of a post.

(Example of Change Author link)

pic001.webp

(Example of Change Author overlay)

pic002.webp

(Example of User Group Permissions)

pic003.webp

Features:
  • All phrases start with changeauthor_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download changeauthor_v3.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-ChangeAuthor_v3.0.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.
Group Permissions:

In order to see the Change Author link below the post, you will need to set the Group Permissions for the Administrative group to Allow.

How to use:
  1. Click the Change Author link under any post.
  2. Enter a username into the overlay.
  3. Click the Submit button.
Questions and Answers:

Q: Does this also work for Resource Manager and or Media Gallery?
A: No.

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
Author
AndyB
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 25 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

Change Author v3.0 changes: Added Enhanced Search support.
  2. See description

Change Author v2.9 changes: Updated PHP code.
  3. See description

Change Author v2.8 changes: Improved PHP code relating to ElasticSearch index update.

Latest reviews

This add-on was just what I was looking for. Installs fine and works great. Thank you again Andy. You're a blessing to Xenforo.
Wish I found this one when we first started! Very helpful and works perfectly just as advertised. Great job Andy!
Excellent! Without a good knowledge about how to use Xenforo and their add-ons, I could easily make this one working flawlessly. Thanks you!
Awesome. Works like a charm! I posted accidentally my forum with test user and now i get it corrected. Thanks!
This add-on saved my butt! I accidentally perm deleted a thread. I was able to pull it up on google cache, copy/paste the posts, then simply use this add-on to easily change author of the individual posts. Whew! - Thank you!
We have an RSS fed robot that posts news for our forums, but occasionally 'I' will post such threads when I trip across news related to our website. Then I can simply Change Author of the new thread over to our NewsBot. This add-on makes it really simple and fast to do so!
Thank you - I spent more time working out how to try and do this before I discovered the plugin than it took to install and actually use it. Very simple and works perfectly.
Another great addon from Andy!

I've fixed some old threads that were posted by me and changed them to the forum's official user that we now use to announce things, post rules, etc.
Yet another essential addon that should be a standard moderation tool in any big board admin's XF toolbox. And yet another incredibly well done addon from Andy.
Hallo,

this is a realy helpfull addon. I use it after a import with many wrong combinations from user and post. So I can change the user to correct this Import issue now. Great. :)

And to give a litle bit back - a have made a free german translation for this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/german-translation-for-change-author-add-on.4576/
Top Bottom