Change Author

Change Author 3.0

No permission to download
Hey @AndyB

I'd like to request an expansion of this mod. I'd like to allow this on a per-forum basis.

In my scenario I have a few moderators of individual forums that need to be able to change usernames to make it anonymous, then approve posts, then later change it back to the original author - but I don't want to give them access to changing users sitewide. Any chance this can be enabled on a per forum basis?

Code:
Callback Andy_ChangeAuthor_Listener::Post is invalid (Invalid Class).
I get this Error with Xenforo 1.4.4 when installing your Addon the first time.

How can I fix this?

Erich

Hello Erich,

please disable any installed add-on, one after the other, and look at what this add-on colliding.
Do you have the error style with the standard?

I have this add-on also fresh installed, also in a 1.4.4 and i have no errors with it. ;)

This is too much effort and I am afraid that it breaks my System.
So I will use SQL Queries to Change the author - much safer ;)

Erich

No, you have not a test system? You realy install all new add-ons directly in your live system? :eek:

The test above, is made in 10-30 minutes without any risk. But when you think...:whistle:

I can set the permission by user group, or by specific user, but I can't set it for specific groups or users based on node. Any chance that could be changed or added?

Last edited:
Code:
Callback Andy_ChangeAuthor_Listener::Post is invalid (Invalid Class).
I get this Error with Xenforo 1.4.4 when installing your Addon the first time.

How can I fix this?

Erich
Hi

This happens because the Andy folder must be placed in the Library folder. Check the .zip file and you'll find there is no Library folder on it.

I'm on version 1.5. I have a super admin's permissions on my board.

If I post a message in a thread and change its authorship, my mini-me avatar is still shown for that particular thread item in the thread list with a tooltip "you have posted X message(s) in this thread" although the thread no longer contains any messages by me.

Also, Recent Activity under Your Profile Page lists that message as authored by me which is no longer the case since I changed its author. The message should not be included in Recent Activity at all as it now belongs to (has been posted by) another author.

It looks like changing authors of messages should be accompanied by additional updates to the database that are not included in the add-on, yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
I dont can confirm that here on xenforo 1.5.0, default Style and this addon here. If you dont believe me, i can make a screen vid. :)

Interesting! I may have to investigate the causes elsewhere in my setup if the situation is not confirmed by more users. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Last edited:
Solved as per Andy's instructions by rebuilding position and post counters (checkbox option) in ACP > Tools > Rebuild Caches > Rebuild Thread Information. Thank you, Andy.

That is hardly a solution. Cant revuild counters each time an author is changed

You may consider creating a cron job for this.
This is not a solution. Rebuilding over 1 million posts is not a solution - let's call it what it is.... an oversight on the part of the developer, it happens to the best mods and mod authors.
It's been reported, now let's just give it a chance to get fixed? It's an easy fix so I'm sure Andy B will get to this.

Top Bottom