cgi:error when I switch from php56 to php70

Problem solved!

I just updated ea-php71 by making sure all the PHP Extensions were the same as in ea-php56 and now the forum attachments work perfectly using ea-php71. I was also able to enable PHP-FPM.

You don't need to enable all extensions... like @AndyB did above, you just enable the ones that your existing version is already running. There is no point having databases or such active that you don't actually use, or other features.

For those using cpanel, you can run php_fpm by ensuring that your sites are assigned the php version and not inherit it, within the multi-php manager. Even though you may only have php version installed, php_fpm requires strict assignment before you can enable it for a domain. Its worth it.

Thanks Anthony!

Regarding xenforo cache now, would I use the basic Cache setting here and do I need to adjust memory?

$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for sharing your expertise. Can you please take a look at this issue:

====

WHM 60.0 (build 35)
PHP Version: ea-php71

When I enable PHP-FPM

pic001.webp

When I disable PHP-FPM

pic002.webp

Is there any way to enable PHP-FPM without disabling the following functions:

exec,passthru,shell_exec,system

Is there any way to enable PHP-FPM without disabling the following
Why do you want them enabled? My limited understanding is that these are the common exploits people attempt, especially known in Wordpress installs. Disabling those php functions is usually a good thing.

Do you need them?

Thanks Anthony!

Regarding xenforo cache now, would I use the basic Cache setting here and do I need to adjust memory?

$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
Do I leave this as "File" or is there an actual path I need to add in that spot for the backend cache to work?
Thanks for any help :)

Top Bottom