MG 1.1 Categories not showing child images

Huh, never noticed that was wrong before :) I've just updated the manual page.

What you'd like to do is possible, however, though it requires a specific configuration, and it requires the category to be effectively empty.

To turn it into a "container category", you need to edit the category and remove all usergroups that can add media:

1522350450685.webp

It's a bit clearer in XF2, where we have a specific category type for doing that:

1522350519230.webp

While you're editing the manual, another suggestion for you...

On the installation page, you have a side note:
"It is important that the files on the server and what you're uploading are "merged". Otherwise you may break your XenForo installation."

I had / have no idea what "merged" meant in that context. I wasn't sure if it was something you do in Xenforo, or it simply means you upload the additional files or what. Kind of scary "Do this, or you'll break your forum!" but you don't really tell me what "this" means or how to do it. (I ftp'd the files, backed up my database, said "hold my beer" and went for it. Nothing broke so far.)

Last edited:
One more question as well... The "container gallery" is in place and works as I was hoping.

Is there any way to show a list of the subcategories at the top of the page? To make it more obvious to people that they can drill down?

Top Bottom