Can't upload

Demon_skeith

For some reason I can't upload images to my media gallery. I had no issues when I did it a few weeks ago and since then the only thing that really changed was that I upgraded my software to the latest version. It really don't give me a detailed error but:

The following error occurred

There was a problem uploading your file.

*insert file name*

I've tried several images and even ones that uploaded correctly, nothing works anymore.

Make sure the data and internal_data directories still exist, and that they are globally writable as well as all of the contents within them and ensure they are owned by the correct user.

It sounds like it could be a permissions issue.

Make sure the data and internal_data directories still exist, and that they are globally writable as well as all of the contents within them and ensure they are owned by the correct user.

It sounds like it could be a permissions issue.

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for posting.

The directories are still there, permissions haven't changed from the ACP side of things and on the server they are 755. Not sure what you mean by correct user but no permissions have been changed recently.

Depending on server setup, 0755 isn't correct. They may need to be 0777. (If there was a change in configuration, the permissions may need to be changed.) This will need to be done recursively (to all the files and directories within).

I changed all files within Data and internal data to 777 and still get this:

example33_zpsgjrzgfxz.png

Only thing that has changed on my site other than software updates was this one post issue. I wouldn't think the mod_security would mess with image uploads?

I wouldn't think the mod_security would mess with image uploads
It could... have your host/admin check... the reason I say that is the file has ps in it's file name.
ps is used at the CLI to report a snapshot of the current processes.... so the mod_security rule may be to strict.

Top Bottom