Cannot reproduce Can't upload video any more

Mr Lucky

I am unable to upload video files now (checked that my quota is sufficient)

I am using the same codecs in Compressor that used to be fine here (and on my xf2 test site)

After uploading and seeing 100% I get the expected message:

This media needs to be processed before it can be added to the gallery. You will receive an alert once processing is finished.

I then hit SAVE

I then get this:

One or more of your uploaded items needs to be processed before they can be added to the gallery. You will receive an alert once processing is finished for each item.

But no alerts no video.

Strangely the same video on my own forum I get a different message:

The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

And yet the video appears in my album almost instantly

We’ve got server error logs so I think there’s an issue here.

That explains the issues here, but very odd on my forum I get this

The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

even though the video then appears fine in the album

I am unable to upload video files now (checked that my quota is sufficient)

I am using the same codecs in Compressor that used to be fine here (and on my xf2 test site)

After uploading and seeing 100% I get the expected message:

This media needs to be processed before it can be added to the gallery. You will receive an alert once processing is finished.

I then hit SAVE

I then get this:

One or more of your uploaded items needs to be processed before they can be added to the gallery. You will receive an alert once processing is finished for each item.

But no alerts no video.
This issue (the one that I said we had error logs for) has been fixed. So you should be able to upload the same video here. Would be interesting to see if it reports the same "media could not be loaded" error.

This issue (the one that I said we had error logs for) has been fixed. So you should be able to upload the same video here. Would be interesting to see if it reports the same "media could not be loaded" error.

Absolutely fine, uploaded straight away, no messages at all. Neither media could not be uploaded nor One or more of your uploaded items needs to be processed before they can be added to the gallery. You will receive an alert once processing is finished for each item.

Actually, that's because we disabled transcoding here, so it wouldn't go through that process.

Could you upload the video to this post, in a zip file? I'll try it locally.

After updating to 2.0.1 on my site I get this after uploading:

FirefoxScreenshot052.webp

However the video has uploaded successfully when I look in the album.

Are there any errors logged in the control panel? Was it a video that needed transcoding? (Do you have the option enabled to transcode everything?)

Being able to see this in place would really help. I don't know if there's a publicly accessible URL to the media. (If not, can you submit a ticket with the URL and necessary login details?)

In terms of forcing transcoding, in the XFMG options, under "Enable FFmpeg features" (assuming that part is enabled), is "Force transcoding of all videos" enabled?

Being able to see this in place would really help. I don't know if there's a publicly accessible URL to the media. (If not, can you submit a ticket with the URL and necessary login details?)

Not at the moment as it's my test istallation, but I'm doing the actal upgrade tomorrow morning, so (touch wood) it will be public in the afternoon and you can try it.

In terms of forcing transcoding, in the XFMG options, under "Enable FFmpeg features" (assuming that part is enabled), is "Force transcoding of all videos" enabled?

Ah, no I remember. There isn't ffmpeg installed on Matt's shared hostingserver.

I's on my iMac, not sure what tomcat is.
It's a extention your server uses that's what happened with my videos on iOS devices they wouldn't play but Android they would I see you use Matts Service it's a good.point.to ask him because once I had tomcat installed all my videos were playing fone

Pete is on my shared hosting servers, which aren't ever going to be configured for video transcoding. Tomcat isn't going to be installed either.

Given that it's not being transcoded, it could be a quirk with specific browsers. We'd definitely need to see it in place to confirm though I think.

Top Bottom