XF 1.4 Can't access site - Redirect Loop / Redirecting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hterrag

After the server went down recently I am unable to access my site. I've cleared the cache/cookies/history but still has the redirect problem on all browsers I try. I asked my host he said he can access the site just fine. Help!

On Firefox i get this,
The page isn't redirecting properly.
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

On Chrome i get this,
This webpage has a redirect loop.

Same problem on Safari and Internet Explorer.

What can I do to? I even tried from different IP's. Please help!

Wow... having mysite.com must really be neat for your domain..... wait, that's a web hosting provider site. :whistle:

Point being.. it would be somewhat easier if you gave an actual link to your site so that others could ascertain if they can connect. If they can, then it would indicate a problem on your computer end.
also, your .htaccess contents would probably be helpful.

Check your settings.

ACP > Options > Basic Board Information...

Make sure all information is accurate. Do you have any additional addons installed that alter landing page per user group???

The board URL in the ACP is not involved in this instance.

It will be due to server configuration, possibly .htaccess as has been suggested.

I think the redirect is coming from XenForo (as in the page is reaching XenForo) based on the headers, though I'm not positive. You said the server went down -- why? What changed? Have you changed anything in .htaccess (in the past or now)?

I would probably recommend testing with add-ons disabled to see if that resolves it.

it would be somewhat easier if you gave an actual link to your site so that others could ascertain if they can connect. If they can, then it would indicate a problem on your computer end.
I mentioned above - I even tried from different IP's and on different devices as well as cleared all the cache/cookies/history in all browsers but still the same.

You said the server went down -- why? What changed? Have you changed anything in .htaccess (in the past or now)?

I would probably recommend testing with add-ons disabled to see if that resolves it.
No I didn't alter the .htaccess

Host said the server went down due to a internal network issue with nginx server and he had to recover the server from backup in order to get sites back up but after he said it was back up I am having this problem.

The funny thing is as I said having problems with the main address/homepage example http://www.mysite.com/forum. If I try http://www.mysitecom/help or any other pages of my site I can access it just fine.

I know of other xenforo forums on the same server and they do not have the same problem only mine.

My host must be extremely busy since I didn't get a reply yet.

What could be the problem?

I mentioned above - I even tried from different IP's and on different devices as well as cleared all the cache/cookies/history in all browsers but still the same.

No I didn't alter the .htaccess

What could be the problem?
I give up.... no, YOU may not have altered the .htaccess.... and with nginx in the mix, it may NOT have anything to do with .htaccess either. THEY may have made changes to nginx configs (I'm assuming they are using it as a proxy and not nginx as the main HTTP server) or THEY may have done something to the .htaccess if they are using nginx as a proxy.

Well that escalated quickly and basically unnecessarily... Please keep if professional.

I just want to note that the URL is by far the most important thing in an issue with this, which is why it was being asked for by people. The only reason I could make any level of inference is because I have access to the URL, but it's your prerogative to post it, not mine. If you aren't willing to post it, you should probably make that clear when people ask.

It also only came up now that Nginx is involved, so there's no .htaccess being used. The friendly URL configuration stuff for XenForo actually has to be done in the Nginx config itself, so your host would certainly need to be involved.

But anyway, you say your host still hasn't responded and you're moving hosts, so it's probably a moot point.

Well that escalated quickly and basically unnecessarily... Please keep if professional.

I just want to note that the URL is by far the most important thing in an issue with this, which is why it was being asked for by people. The only reason I could make any level of inference is because I have access to the URL, but it's your prerogative to post it, not mine. If you aren't willing to post it, you should probably make that clear when people ask.

Of course it was unnecessary and I kept it professional I didn't drop any F-bombs. or B-bombs like he did.

I made it clear with the url:
What's weird is I am having problems with the main address/homepage example http://www.mysite.com/forum. If I try http://www.mysitecom/help or any other pages of my site I can access it just fine.

But anyway, you say your host still hasn't responded and you're moving hosts, so it's probably a moot point.
Yes I am. Thank you and all for the support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom