I've read through some of the threads on this but I haven't quite figured this one out. We've had 1.4 running for about 6 months since conversion. We have never had avatar or image upload problems before. Then about a week ago we've run into the situation where every time someone tries it tells people that the "image is too large". We have checked with the server and we are no where near maxing out with our usage. In fact the CPU shows hardly any use at all. The problem does not seem to be with the server. So, in admin panel I changed the size of the image that people can upload to a max size, like 100,000. No change. I have read that maybe I need to change something in the php.ini file and if I knew where to find that I could do that. (Haven't looked for a couple of days-way too busy giving midterms). So I need to figure out what the problem is and what I can do to avoid the problem in the future (and if this needs to be merged with some other previous thread that's fine with me).