XF 1.5 Cannot upload avatars or attachments

Spleen

Hello, members can no longer upload avatars or attachments (Happened to me last week as well although I put it down to me being hamfisted) and I have no error logs. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 20.11.22.webp

What Andy failed to do was to direct you to recursively chmod the /data and /internal_data directory (which will catch all files/folders below them also). Try that.

You have to go into each one of those directories (/data and /internal_data) and make sure all the files/folders under them are also 777 permissions. It's easier if you have shell access, but I'm sure that there is a panel ability to recursively change them in cPanel file manager.

Can you try a text file as that should help to identify whether it is a general uploading issue, or related to the image processor.

If it was previously working though and you haven't changed anything, you may want to contact your host to check if anything has changed on the server.

There could also be something on the server blocking the request. Try turning off the Flash uploader in your preferences to see if that makes a difference.

Just to follow up on this, it looks like it's related to a change the host made, even though they claim they changed nothing :rolleyes:

Uploads are being rejected by the server as it "Probably contains viruses or Trojans that may harm your website.".
In addition, "Do not attempt to upload it again as your IP address will be blocked .".

Righto.

Top Bottom