Cannot login to my site with my username

AceOfDeath

I cannot view my site at all when logged in with my admin username, but I can view it with one of my back up accounts and my other members are logged in and the site is working properly for them.

The site is just a white screen for me... I don't understand why it just happened after I refreshed the page. It is a white page with nothing on it and on chrome it says that there was a server error? Would Xen kick me off of my own site? It doesnt work on two different browsers and my iphone.

I need some help here please. this is the first major problem I have had since my purchase and its really worrying me if it wont let me login to my super admin account on the forums any longer

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

Code:
php_value display_errors 1

That may reveal an error message on the blank page.

ok I got this error

Fatal error: Class 'EWRatendo_ModerationQueueHandler_Event' not found in /home1/consolec/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php on line 218

I have no idea what that means though... I dont have xenatendo installed on my system. I tried it out and uninstalled it earlier today but havent had any issues until about an hour ago

That is from an addon called "EWRatendo". It appears to be a moderator function which explains why it only affects your admin user.

To uninstall the addon you need to run this option:

Admin CP -> List Add-ons -> Controls -> Uninstall

Then delete the library/EWRatendo directory.

it is not installed on my server though, I attempted to uninstall it earlier and it froze up on un-installation and i refreshed it until it finished. I just uninstalled it again after trying to reinstall and it began to fail once more. i have it uninstalled and I deleted the backend files but there is still no luck with getting onto the site.

Now the entire site is broken and the admin pages are messed up as well. They dont look correct. I think the Xenatendo screwed up my site really bad. Is there any way to export forum data so I can just reinstall the site and not lose to much? like users and forum data

Is there any way to export forum data so I can just reinstall the site and not lose to much? like users and forum data

Not really. No. But we can just fix this problem.

Try disabling the addon instead of uninstalling it. You can disable it by unchecking the checkbox in the list of addons.

it is not installed on my server though, I attempted to uninstall it earlier and it froze up on un-installation and i refreshed it until it finished. I just uninstalled it again after trying to reinstall and it began to fail once more. i have it uninstalled and I deleted the backend files but there is still no luck with getting onto the site.

Are you getting any specific error messages when uninstalling the addon? Is there anything in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

How many styles / languages do you have installed? That can affect how long it takes to install the addon. Per this thread:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/adding-a-add-on-rebuilding-caches-takes-10-minutes.15402/

I had no server errors and I have 2 styles installed. What was happening during install and uninstall of that addon was the freezing and failing of the building of caches.

I decided to install fresh as my forum are young. I pulled the users and nodes from the old forum through php my admin and reinstalled. It wont take me long to get the site back up and running.

Thanks for the help, you've been one of the first very helpful people I've run into on this forum :)

If it froze at the cache rebuild then your forum is fine. It just needs a rebuild to be run. Go to yoursite.com/xenforo_installation/install and click rebuild maste cache.

to late now, but thanks for the help :) The forum was unusable and I couldn't leave it down any longer haha. I get to frustrated when something is working for me haha. So I just reinstalled no biggie

I decided to install fresh as my forum are young. I pulled the users and nodes from the old forum through php my admin and reinstalled. It wont take me long to get the site back up and running.

This is usually a bad idea unless you are sure that you accounted for all user and forum relations. Otherwise you may encounter problems in the future. For example, users have at least 5 different records:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/script-to-create-a-new-user.21286/#post-270084

Transplanting tables is no simple task and is not recommended unless you are good with databases. And it is especially not recommended as an alternative to fixing a problem such as this. Just rebuild the cache instead.

like i said... already done and over with. I reinstalled the site last night and everything is back up and functioning. It all worked out fine. I only have 10 users since the site is new and I havent heard that they cannot login from anyone so it seems to have worked fine.

Hopefully I dont run into any problems in the future. How do I back my site up? Just export every database?

Top Bottom