Cannot reproduce  Cannot log out of XF bug

Ryan Kent

I was logged into my forums from a second pc with a user account. I was doing some testing, I desired to have my "Members Online" counter show 0, so I decided to logout of my forums. I pressed LogOut in the upper right-corner of my window, the screen refreshed but I remained logged in. I tried numerous times, same result. I tried switching tabs and logging out, but I still remained logged in. I tried the Log Out option from the user drop down box, yet I still remained logged in.

Ultimately I closed my browser to resolve the issue. Another note, when I did try to log in next I entered my name but my password did not auto-populate as it normally should. I manually entered my password, logged in and everything was fine. I was able to log out, and when I typed my name to log back in, my password automatically populated.

I have been unable to reproduce this issue. I have a clean install of RC2. The only add-ons installed are XenPorta/Medio/Atendo.

No issues with this here, though I should note that if you change your cookie path/domain settings at some point, this can happen and you may need to delete cookies (alternatively, it will correct itself when the old cookies are removed).

this is a second pc which I presently use for the sole purpose of testing forums with a 2nd acct. I am certain no cookies were clear nor any other changes made to the pc. It really just sits there except for my use of website. I use IE 8 on that pc. To be clear for all those who just moaned (yes, I heard you) I am a happy FF user and have been for years. I use the IE on that pc so I can view things from an IE user's perspective.

The issue never happened before nor since, just sharing in case others experience it so you have more info. Thanks for listening.

Top Bottom