Recent changes (yesterday):
>> Switched off one notice and switched on another
>> Changed phrase your_name_or_email_address to Enter your user name
>> Updated board meta description to a more descriptive name
>> Activated full friendly URLs
>> Created M and F user groups and denied F access to Guy Talk (no one in this group yet)
>> Moved forum from /troubles to /forum (on the server) by:
- Changing Options > Basic Board Information > Board URL
- Renaming the /troubles directory to /forum
- Installed a new "password gate" as /index.html -- when you click on the w, it goes to /forum/index.php
- Modified the notices to the correct URL
- Did not restart the server -- it seemed to work fine anyway
>> Removed Home Page URL (blanked it out)
As I said, I was able to log on this morning. Then I made some more changes:
Recent changes (today):
>> Turned off Show Staff Banner and Allow Banner Stacking
>> Turned "Super Admin Jennifer" (me) staff status back on
>> Set up Administrator and Moderator banners (black on light green)
>> Permitted Administrators and Moderators to stick and lock threads
Then I logged off, and a few hours later, tried to log on again:
- I got to the forum list no problem
- I clicked Log in or Sign up and got the usual dropdown
- I entered my user name and password and clicked Log in
- Then I got "Error 404: NOT FOUND! This Domain has been registered recently."
The same thing happened when I'm in the Forum List and click on a recent post -- I get the same 404.
I've been using this domain for over a week without serious problems!
Could any of the above changes cause the problem?
If a server restart is needed because of cacheing, why did it take so long for the problem to show itself?
Do you think an /.htaccess redirect would solve the problem?
My forum is at www.alemontree.eu -- if it says enter-the-password, just click on the w.
A quick response would be appreciated.