Can anyone help contribute initial traffic to my forum? I'll do likewise for you!

EchoRomeo

Is anyone out there seeking more traffic on their forum? If so, I have a proposition for you! If you're willing to join my forum and post/interact for a little while, then I'll happily do the exact same for you. Any takers?

My site is www.permittingtalk.com. As some of you might be aware, I've sought feedback previously in this community and have gone through a few iterations of the forum so far. It's been tough figuring out the right amount of detail/complexity for my forum structure, especially since XenForo + add-ons provides so much capability. Ultimately I settled on a relatively simple forum organization involving six total forums plus prefixes, which I think will be most appealing/usable for early adopters.

Please let me know if interested! I really don't expect anyone joining my site to be well versed in permitting issues but just engaged enough to make a good faith contribution.

As mentioned, I'd be more than happy to reciprocate any help you provide. No matter what the subject matter, I believe I can make a reasonably interesting/authentic showing on your forum, so please do consider it. (And if you're not 100% satisfied with my contributions, I won't take any offense to you modifying/deleting my posts.)

Just throwing this out there. If anyone wants to collaborate on forum activity, please let me know!

I don’t think it would have much point for you, but I have an advertising section on my forum: Admin Junkies.

Feel free to use it and drop your link. You never know someone might join. I’ll join and post a few times around. ;)

Hi there! Thanks - I'd really appreciate it if you're up for posting on my forum. I went ahead and posted under the "Link Directory" section on Admin Junkies as well, per your suggestion. Seems like a great forum for collaborating as an administrator and exchanging notes on how to effectively grow a community. I appreciate you sharing the link!

Suggestion.. have some brochures about your site made up and then take a day or so (and some gas) and go to the different code enforcement offices in towns in your general area and see if you can leave some there for folks that are coming in to ask questions or get permits.
Where I lived, several of the code enforcement/permitting offices had pamphlets and similar in displays in the office that the public were welcome to.

Hi there! Thanks - I'd really appreciate it if you're up for posting on my forum. I went ahead and posted under the "Link Directory" section on Admin Junkies as well, per your suggestion. Seems like a great forum for collaborating as an administrator and exchanging notes on how to effectively grow a community. I appreciate you sharing the link!
You should be a frequent visitor on construction type of forums if any exist amd like others pointed social media groups related to construction. Then you could get your website posted on there in a way that doesn’t come across as spam. I think that’s one way to go considering the niche of your forum.

What you need to do is get yourself on social media and put your link up on each platform you use.
It will get more people on board.

Great point, I've tried a little of that over Reddit, with limited success so far, but will keep engaging on other platforms just to continue getting my name out there. I appreciate the suggestion!

Suggestion.. have some brochures about your site made up and then take a day or so (and some gas) and go to the different code enforcement offices in towns in your general area and see if you can leave some there for folks that are coming in to ask questions or get permits.
Where I lived, several of the code enforcement/permitting offices had pamphlets and similar in displays in the office that the public were welcome to.

Thanks Tracy, I think this is brilliant, though it obviously requires a bit more legwork than sitting at my computer interacting with various communities online. But even if the building department doesn't to display my broshure, I'd at least be able to give them a short elevator speech and make permitting staff aware of it. Will definitely keep this idea in mind!

I run/own a site for Service dogs (very small niche). I get most of my views from other facebook type groups, Reddit, and business cards. Most teams carry what we refer to as ADA cards to avoid problems, so I made my own and hand them out. Has been good for hits.

20230703_152346.webp

Attachments

• 20230703_152404.webp
    20230703_152404.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 8
I run/own a site for Service dogs (very small niche). I get most of my views from other facebook type groups, Reddit, and business cards. Most teams carry what we refer to as ADA cards to avoid problems, so I made my own and hand them out. Has been good for hits.
Thanks for sharing! I love the business card with QR code idea. This is right in line with @Tracy Perry's suggestion to drop off brochures at local permitting offices. I especially like the idea of a business card since it would be relatively quick and easy to design/order a bunch of them and then distribute small stacks to whoever is willing to display them. And the prominent QR code makes it simple for anyone who picks one up to quickly get on the internet and check out your site. I very much appreciate the suggestion!

You should be a frequent visitor on construction type of forums if any exist amd like others pointed social media groups related to construction. Then you could get your website posted on there in a way that doesn’t come across as spam. I think that’s one way to go considering the niche of your forum.

Agreed, thanks. I went and got myself a "PermittingTalk" twitter handle and Facebook page, also per @aussiefooty's suggestion. I'll do exactly as you recommend...find related groups (e.g., construction, environmental policy, etc.) and maintain casual engagement, i.e., contributing constructively without coming across as too self-promoting or spam.

Top Bottom