1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Walter, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Code:
    XenForo_Exception: Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:449

Generiert durch: username, Donnerstag um 16:36 Uhr
    Stapelverfolgung
    #0 /home/forumuser/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(354): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_setPosition()
    #1 /home/forumuser/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1446): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_preSave()
    #2 /home/forumuser/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(548): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
    #3 /home/forumuser/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #4 /home/forumuser/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #5 /home/forumuser/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #6 {main}

Benötigter Status
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(105) "http://www.forumname.com/threads/threadname.16372/add-reply"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(6117) "<p>postcontent </p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(96) "http://www.forumname.com/threads/threadname.16372/"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "7ac3657cbd717f00bb76fec9e4f17dcf"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1419514338"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1419514338"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(73) "/threads/threadname.16372/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    }
    }

Noteworthy: this is from a discouraged user.
    Xenforo 1.4.3 (latest)

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This would indicate that the server time has gone backwards or, if you have multiple servers involved, the times are not necessarily synced.

Liam W likes this.
  3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Strange enough, but server time is ok (double checked) and only a single server involved (1 database, 1 website, both on the same server). I know the other thread :)

My humble guess was that it has to do with the discouragement and therefore the delays?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Actually yeah that could be related. I'll have a think. I'm not sure if there's a great way to deal with it.