Server issue  "Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion."

huts

This happened today, I had just moved the board from another server yesterday, though it wasn't the first time I'd done it, last time was 100% successful.

Anyway, when trying to reply to a couple threads, there was an error, went to the server error logs and found this:

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:392
Generated By: Darq, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(325): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_setPosition()
#1 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1331): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_preSave()
#2 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(464): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#3 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#4 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /var/www/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(68) "http://monstercraft.net/threads/my-arctic-observatory.2070/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["message_html"] => string(8) "<p>a</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(59) "http://monstercraft.net/threads/my-arctic-observatory.2070/"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "806d068ea3f7f1deba8cc885d4affd2b"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1311728280"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "2,1311720900,a84647ad4abcef0501a4e93e8525424f99d70b88"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(36) "/threads/my-arctic-observatory.2070/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

The web server is configured exactly the same as it was on last installation, running same Xenforo version as before (1.0.4), dunno what may have caused this at all. I did however forget to set the system clock right until after the board was up, I'm thinking that may have been a reason for the error.

Anyhow, I deleted the threads that this was happening to me on, and the issue hasn't popped up since, just thought I'd share!

Indeed - the server time was different. It would resolve itself after the new server's time caught up.

Top Bottom