cancelled TV shows

Ultra Violet
Arrested Development

2 I miss, not aware of the ones mentioned in the first few posts, but then I don't actually watch TV, very rarely these days... I do watch a lot of TV shows on DVD however.

I remember Dark Angel, that did kind of disappear somewhere.

Anyway, I personally think they should cancel Stargate Universe because it sucks! And bring back Atlantis!!!

Wow we have a difference in opinion there, I hated Atlantis just didn't sit right with me, and I quite like SGU... if anything though SG1 should come back :)...

SGU is the best of the lot in my opinion. Dark, gritty and far more adult, just like BSG.
SG1 became a parody in the last few series, although I do miss Carter :D

It's all about the ratings now a days, which is a shame
I miss my Jericho, they could've done ALOT with that series.
Oh man, Jericho was one of those shows where no one was allowed to call me, talk to me or touch me when it came on. It sort of had an ending, but not. We'll never know what happened to "America".

Anyone remember Earth 2? (we're going back a little here). That show left us hanging, but if I recall correctly it started losing momentum toward the end. But I really wanted to see some sort of closure (not to mention more of Debrah Farentino ;) ).

One show that came so close to being axed in recent times but was saved by the bell, is Fringe. That's the one show I refuse to miss. Again, do not call, talk to nor touch me when it's on.

Oh man, Jericho was one of those shows where no one was allowed to call me, talk to me or touch me when it came on. It sort of had an ending, but not. We'll never know what happened to "America".

Heh yea, that show could've gone on forever, so much could've been done with the story.
It reminds me a lot of the game I play called Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas, where factions spring up amidst the chaos to try and take control of different areas.
Either way, great series, I wouldn't mind watching it again from the beginning.

I can't believe they canceled Mr. Ed

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and Pettycoat Junction!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Axed before its time:
Firefly - Maybe a bit too quirky for its time as well. Feed the bird Browncoats :)
Dollhouse - WTF half the time, but if they had given it a bit more time it could have gotten the viewer base to last a few more seasons.
Terminator - Bring it back - need to know how to defeat Skynet!
New Amsterdam - Awesome show, wish it lasted longer!

Meh:
Caprica - Had potential but mucked it up. Hopefully the Cylon war show that's coming up will redeem it a tad. ~10 years after Caprica so it could have some of the same characters (aside from Adama of course), and could tie up some loose ends. Hope they tie the series up with a 2 hr movie or something. HATE IT when they leave major plot twists undone.

Heroes - Good show, but lost their way.

Axed at the right time:
Prison Break - Was cancelled because of the show, not the actors. The wrap up movie after the series wasn't that good. Can't believe how many different TV shows T-Bag's been on since then. He's reprising the role in a new series by the producers of Prison Break. Show's going to be about cons who help feds capture bad guys.
Flashforward: Book was better (23 year jump vs. 6 month jump), but it had its own twist on the idea for sure.

Supernatural - They keep doing the series justice. Peggy: Brothers who hunt baddies - ghouls, ghosts, vampires, the devil, etc. In its sixth season. Good mix of that genre + humor.

Fringe is doing great, especially with going back and forth between dimensions. A similar show that started at the same time was the Eleventh Hour (yes, American remake of the UK show).

Can't believe Smallville's still going strong. Damn well make this last season end well.

Can't wait to see how Torchwood will do now that they're continuing it in the US.

Hrm, me thinks I either need to find a good TV forum or create one lol

Axed before its time:
Terminator - Bring it back - need to know how to defeat Skynet!

Can't wait to see how Torchwood will do now that they're continuing it in the US.

I agree re. Terminator.

As for Torchwood, I'm a bit worried that continuing it in the US will just completely change it. It's a British show and if it loses it's British-ness and gets morphed into an American show it will be a massive let-down. I just hope they don't make any major changes to it.

I loooved Prison Break. So much that by the end of the whole show, I was crying, because Michael died. :(

T-Bag's gotten pretty popular because of his role in Prison Break. He played very well in some movies between Prison Break and White Collar.

Top Bottom