Can my XenForo menu look like this?

Jamie

Can someone tell me if it's possible to have my XenForo menu look like this with some styling changes?

menu.webp

I am beginning to work on my site and love this style of menu, but I don't know enough about css to know if something like this is possible.

Thanks for any input!

Jamie

Thanks! I am a play, mess up, reset, repeat kind of learner... but I like to know things are at least possible before I start. :)

Thanks again!

Jamie

No worries.

For future reference, the template modifications forum is if you're explaining how to do edit a template to add a new feature for example.

All styling related questions currently go here in general support.

Anything is possible. Of course, it'd take some major CSS edits and perhaps some jQuery for the browsers that don't support the child operator (>), but it's possible.

Ok, so here is the deal.. There is a Joomla template I have run across I like a lot. I would like to attempt to get my forums to match it, I started playing around with the menu as it's strikingly different than the stock XenForo menu..

Now that I have asked about the menu I am wondering is it possible to pay someone to convert a Joomla template? If I bought the template how hard is it to convert to XenForo? What kind of price are we talking? The template itself is $62 Can I get it converted to XenForo for $300? more... less?

Here is the link to the Joomla Template I would like to mimic for a reference:

Am I going about this the wrong way? Any insight on this would be great. Sorry if this post sounds like I am changing gears.. I am not a designer but want something more for me site.. rock and hard place.

Jamie

The only thing you might have to be wary of is copying the original design.

I'm no expert in this area but it's something you may need to consider.

That was why I thought I would have to buy the template even though I won't going to run Joomla. I was thinking that would allow me to use the template(even if it wasn't running Joomla)

When I form my post in the Resource Request area, maybe someone can come up with something of their own similar. I don't need this design.. I just like the bright color and the way the menu looked and worked.

Thanks for the thought though... one I will have to keep in mind definitely.

Jamie

The only thing you might have to be wary of is copying the original design.
I'm no expert in this area but it's something you may need to consider.
That was why I thought I would have to buy the template even though I won't going to run Joomla. I was thinking that would allow me to use the template(even if it wasn't running Joomla)
From what I understand, their TOS permits such usage; provided you buy a license first.
Here's a quote from their Terms of Use:

If you are a web developer/designer, you are free to use the templates in the design of your customers' web projects. You are authorized to make any necessary modification(s) to our products to fit your purposes. However the templates may not be shown, resold, or redistributed in any sort of collection. The templates are not to be used as an online portfolio to attract business or part of any online site building utility.

You have full rights to structure the template in any way you see fit to meet your personal preferences and requirements. However, for additional sites you develop, you must purchase additional templates- even if you are using the same one over again. It is an infringement of copyright to redistribute or resell our product without our consent or written permission.

Thanks Shadab!

Now, I need to create a thread in the Resource Area and see who is interested in being hired to help me get to up and running.

Thanks again for all your help guys!

Jamie

Now, I need to create a thread in the Resource Area and see who is interested in being hired to help me get to up and running.
The Resources section is for styles, etc. which are released for general use.
There isn't really a dedicated forum at the moment for asking for help on how to create a style.

Top Bottom