California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
time is flying... 2 years ago we had this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

... and now we have this: :love:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://gracelaw.com/NewsXF.html

First off congratulations to Kier, Mike and Ashley for settling this case so that you can continue with normal stuff again.

Does this also mean that the UK case is over to or is this still going to continue?

Wanted it to know for sure you never know with cases like this.

Understandable. Here's the direct quote:

After more than two years of litigation before a Los Angeles federal court and the English High Court of Justice in London, England, the parties have reached a confidential settlement agreement dismissing all of vBulletin Solutions, Inc.’s and Jelsoft Enterprises Limited’s claims.

Source:
http://gracelaw.com/NewsXF.html

Could we have a Notice stating the basics
to be seen by anyone who has not logged in since the lawsuit was settled,
dismissable

stating that
- the court case which has caused concern over the last two years has been dismissed.
- this includes the dismissal of the UK case.
- XF is now gong into further development under Kier And Mike with Ashley as business manager, as before.
- More info here (Kier's announcement).

This would save a lot of unnecessary posts for mods and for us which otherwise will trail on for weeks.

Nice job trolling.

You have utterly disarmed me with your insight and wit. You hit it on the head- I also gave an unsolicited opinion (I think, in playground parlance, this is something like the infamous, "I know you are, but what am I?" move). I surrender to your obviously superior commentary. I will withhold more in response until I feel worthy to respond with anything approaching your compassion, insight and value to this community.

Well done. (As I recall, in the 5th grade, we called what you did a "wicked burn").
...Damn you're old :p.

Could we have a Notice stating the basics
to be seen by anyone who has not logged in since the lawsuit was settled,

great idea!

victory.png

They should put some information regarding the lawsuit/victory into a notice and also onto the main Homepage (at least for a couple of weeks).
Also, I would imagine they are going to send out a Newsletter to all registered members regarding the news ?

great idea!
They should put some information regarding the lawsuit/victory into a notice and also onto the main Homepage (at least for a couple of weeks).
Also, I would imagine they are going to send out a Newsletter to all registered members regarding the news ?

Thank you. I think the Notice should run for at least 3 months maybe 6 but note at the bottom it can be closed and not seen again. There will be quite a few who have not visited for quite a while who will wander back in and ask oo er wot happened about the case - will get irritating.

A newsletter about 1.2 would be better perhaps - with a possible small aside - now the court case has all been settled it's great to be back on the job ...

How about letting them focus on development, those that are curious can continue to check this topic.
It takes less than 45 seconds to log in to the ACP, write up a quite thing saying the case is over, linking to the announcement and Jake's thread. I don't see how that deters from developing. I mean, when they hop on the site and comment, in your logic, that would deter from developing as well. They are a small team, and they need to start managing this business properly, and that should lead to more sales for them, allowing them to code more, or hire a new coder to help out and expand the team. Plus, they have Ashley who can set up the notice since I believe he's the business person in all of this.

It takes less than 45 seconds to log in to the ACP, write up a quite thing saying the case is over, linking to the announcement and Jake's thread. I don't see how that deters from developing. I mean, when they hop on the site and comment, in your logic, that would deter from developing as well. They are a small team, and they need to start managing this business properly, and that should lead to more sales for them, allowing them to code more, or hire a new coder to help out and expand the team. Plus, they have Ashley who can set up the notice since I believe he's the business person in all of this.

I don't think a single notice will take care of all of that. One notice being made isn't a cure all. If people are curious, it is found here, as well as in the announcement forum. I vote to move forward, leave this just where it needs to be, in the past.

I don't think a single notice will take care of all of that. One notice being made isn't a cure all. If people are curious, it is found here, as well as in the announcement forum. I vote to move forward, leave this just where it needs to be, in the past.
I didn't mean to disrespect you at all, and I respect your opinion. You have to realize, those of us in this thread know about it, but what about new people coming to the site or even people not following this case every step of the way, looking for a solution for their new or current project? I feel that putting up a notice, letting the entire community and guests know that it is over and development is continuing, will be a positive affect on their sales and community as a whole. While I want them to focus on developing, I highly doubt that they go 24/7 coding without any breaks.

Again, they are a small team, and they have to be a bit more professional in dealing with the public than they have in the past, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom