California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does my beloved Earthlord. My behind is considered a family treasure.
When I was younger and more agile I was painted by many artists and compared to Renoir ladies.

renoir2.jpg

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Stating that your opinion is fact does not make it so. I don't see it the way you do. But, glad that you supported them by renewing.

Maybe KAM does make such a statement. If not, then I guess you are left to stand by your position and not switch. I still think being stuck with using vB is the greater loss.

Well, the fact is, I've never seen anyone say that things were handled well by the xF team... I don't think anyone really has ever thought running and hiding from your problems is a good thing. Sure, someone might of said it, but I've never seen it. Maybe they will, maybe they won't... but I've never been "stuck" with anything, I choose.

Anyway, my point wasn't to argue with you or anyone else. I've basically waited until the lawsuit was finalized before saying much, in the hopes that there would be some sort of acknowledgment of things, but as there hasn't been. Said my peace and I'm done. Carry on. =)

@Tekkran - you could continue and hold KMA's "on-hold" attitude and silence during the last months against them and wait possibly forever for an apology and stick with vBulletin, because you didn't like the course of action they took.

Or, you could just accept the fact it happened, be glad it is all over, possibly see their hiatus as a chance for them to come back fresh, with possibly even newer and better ideas and more energy than ever to make Xenforo great and finally accept XF as your product of choice.:)

Which is the better of the two choices? It seems like a real no-brainer in my book currently.;) (no offense intended either!!!:))

Scott

I expect the xf team to take a break to breath new fresh air for now. And then they will give us back the lost development time !!!!!

I expect the xf team to take a break to breath new fresh air for now. And then they will give us back the lost development time !!!!!
They're not really taking a break. They've said we'll start seeing new things within the next couple of weeks... Such as upcoming features, etc :)

I am rather expecting an apology from Internet Brands because they stole my time and the time of thousands of other webmasters all around the world with a bogus lawsuit.
Small webmasters all around the world who just wanted to pursue and go along with their internet-business..... blocked by Bully Tactics.

I'm expecting an apology from Chris Deeming. Why? For releasing all these wonderful useful add-ons and spending countless hours in providing us with quality stuff. Well Chris? I'm waiting. #blondemoments

I'm expecting an apology from Chris Deeming. Why? For releasing all these wonderful useful add-ons and spending countless hours in providing us with quality stuff. Well Chris? I'm waiting. #blondemoments
I second this and would like to add he also needs to apologise for making those addons so great it makes us spend hours playing with them when we're supposed to be doing other things!

If you honestly think that then you are deluded :).

Thanks for your unsolicited opinion. I do think they handled things well. They supplied me exactly what they promised for the price paid. In the context of KAM/XF delivering exactly what they promised, plus being under the pressure of a lawsuit without merit, and having personal, professional, and financial issues brought about by the lawsuit, I think they handled everything well. Was it "perfect"? Probably not. But, like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that they did handle everything well- if not perfectly.

I contrast that with my experiences with vB, where they charged me a lot of money for things never delivered. And not only did they never apologize, they dug in by denying that they promised me what they stated repeatedly would be delivered- i.e., a working CMS, a mobile style (included, not paid), improved search, and...well, I could go on and on. I will for just a moment- they abandoned development for vB 4.x for well over a year because they were working on another up sell- to a completely unusable vB5 Connect. Oh, and by the way, they caused whatever problems faced by XF by filing a bogus lawsuit. So, in comparison, in my opinion, yes, XF handled things much better- they never lied to me and they delivered all they promised.

On second thought, your unsolicited opinion is not welcome. If you have a different one, good for you. However, I don't appreciate your saying I am deluded. Putting a smiley face behind it does not make it valid, palatable or correct.

If you feel you are owed something by KAM in the way of apology, then that is your right and your opinion. If you don't get it, then make your decisions accordingly. However, don't think that a smug attitude or snide comments makes your argument any better. I have no desire to debate my opinion. Once again, as I have said numerous times in this thread, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you have a different one, good for you. If you feel hurt by the lack of personal attention from KAM, you have two choices- suck it up and stay. Otherwise, if it is so offensive to you, move on.

Calling me deluded is a punk move. It discounts my opinion and somehow seeks to make your opinion better without reference to fact or reason. Feel free to ignore me/block me, or skip my posts in the future.

but won't be switching until if/when the damage done to the community by the inaction of the xF team is acknowledged by them.

Erich makes a good point above - that if you want to blame anyone, blame IB, they started the lawsuit and this community was perfectly fine before that.

I'd also second the comments about moving on now. We can pick the carass apart but isn't it more productive to forgive and let it be water under the bridge?

Also have some sympathy for KAM. Before the lawsuit we were all moaning about "lack of updates" and having extensive whinges about "lack of communication". During the lawsuit we were moaning about them going AWOL. Now it's all over and some of us are still finding things to moan about. Seriously some of us will never be satisfied and this is turning into a no-win situation for the developers. Is it a surprise they might want to keep a lower profile in the community and just get on with the job at hand; engaging with some of the stuff being posted is just a timewasting exercise - you answer one criticism and people just find another?

And let's please give them some time and space to get over the lawsuit :)

With special thanks to Internet Brands, who stole my time and my energy:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"Believe in Karma. The energy you give you shall receive."

Karma is my ally. :barefoot:

http://gracelaw.com/NewsXF.html

There is no ship to jump. The vB captain made me walk the plank some time ago and I've been swimming around since then. Although I'd love to work with Kier, Mike and Ashley again, we have the intentions to start something on our own. But thanks for asking.:)
Be careful that you won't get sued by IB :/

I don't get how people are still holding a grudge over the lack of communication, as there were obviously reasons for it (And no, we're not entitled to know why as being a licensed customer doesn't give us anything more than what is stipulated in the purchase).

What's even worse, the people who were actually harmed by the silence (designers and developers) have almost all moved on and are looking forward to new projects to release for XenForo. There were no serious issues with XF 1.3 during the time that there was little communication, so why is there this gigantic outcry after the lawsuit has ended?

Let it go, and move on already. And if you can't, shut your mouth and wait till you can, because I was sick of this crap months ago and now that there is no reason for it I find it even more ridiculous than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom