California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawrence way over-reacted to your comment (which I don't think was that bad but you lost some of the "diplomacy" others were using with the language barrier) but now you're way over-reacting yourself.

Lawrence posted a response like a man , he may attack or not. It is his choice , but what Slavik does has no explanation and i don't react good to that kind of response. It is also not the first time Slavik act like that. So it is not my turn to act

Lawrence posted a response like a man , he may attack or not. It is his choice , but what Slavik does has no explanation and i don't react good to that kind of response. It is also not the first time Slavik act like that. So it is not my turn to act

You posted a comment which was nothing except being entirely disrespectful to another member of the community. As such you received a warning for it, as would any other member of the community posting such disrespectful comments.

If you have a problem with the action that was taken, you are free to discuss it via private conversation, or, send Ashley a message with your complaint.

Otherwise, back on topic. Futher posts about this subject will be removed.

Sort of back on topic, maybe there's a separate thread (probably locked), is that if this lawsuit is thrown out, xenForo still has to deal with the possibility of a UK lawsuit, although if IB loses the US case, would they really want to try this in the UK? They've done crazier things in the past.

Then, even if IB loses the US case, and decides to not persue a UK case... for me anyway, I need some closure on the status of Mike and whether he plans to continue with xF (doesn't appear to me like he will), or who will replace him. A lot of questions yet to be answered, but a quick resolution to the US case would certainly be welcomed.

Sort of back on topic, maybe there's a separate thread (probably locked), is that if this lawsuit is thrown out, xenForo still has to deal with the possibility of a UK lawsuit, although if IB loses the US case, would they really want to try this in the UK? They've done crazier things in the past.
Well, the UK courts have said IB need to deposit something like £100,000 pounds into Escrow before they'll even entertain the case - so they'll have to either be really ballsy or feel that they could do enough damage to XF to warrant the obscene amounts of money they'd have to spend.

[insert "not a lawyer" disclaimer]

Well, the UK courts have said IB need to deposit something like £100,000 pounds into Escrow before they'll even entertain the case - so they'll have to either be really ballsy or feel that they could do enough damage to XF to warrant the obscene amounts of money they'd have to spend.

[insert "not a lawyer" disclaimer]
Bob Brisco uses rolls of £100,000 to wipe his ass...it's just a drop in a bucket for the company and I'm sure they'll have no problem spending the money to slow down or eliminate competition like XF.

It's been said a number of times on this thread that it would be extremely difficult, virtually impossible for IB to run the UK case when they lose the USA one.
There are stricter rules here on what can be used to get a case going. You can't just yell and shout opinions and start a court case here like in California. You have to show you have evidence of breaking the law.

Secondly IB would need to show that there are distinct issues to do with the UK jurisdiction, not covered by the USA case. The only item that applies to, is the employment agreement VB made with UK residents.
However British courts support the right of a skilled craftworker to use their skills to make a living. In this case that means coding forums, and associated business skills.
There is some support for one year agreements not to compete but even that is not set in stone. Employment is king b ecause our asithorities dont want lots of people pushed into poverty claiming benefits because they are legally banned from making a living. Nor do they want companies denied the skills of good craftspeople.

So a UK case is extremely unlikely.

It's been said a number of times on this thread that it would be extremely difficult, virtually impossible for IB to run the UK case when they lose the USA one.
There are stricter rules here on what can be used to get a case going. You can't just yell and shout opinions and start a court case here like in California. You have to show you have evidence of breaking the law.

Secondly IB would need to show that there are distinct issues to do with the UK jurisdiction, not covered by the USA case. The only item that applies to, is the employment agreement VB made with UK residents.
However British courts support the right of a skilled craftworker to use their skills to make a living. In this case that means coding forums, and associated business skills.
There is some support for one year agreements not to compete but even that is not set in stone. Employment is king b ecause our asithorities dont want lots of people pushed into poverty claiming benefits because they are legally banned from making a living. Nor do they want companies denied the skills of good craftspeople.

So a UK case is extremely unlikely.
Thanks for the clarification, Morgain, I'm glad someone can explain it better than I did :D

*Fingers firmly crossed*

I assume once the Magistrate has made a decision, does that then go back to the Judge, then do we have to wait for another 'meeting' of sorts, or is it a pretty much immediate process after the Magistrate responds?

*Fingers firmly crossed*

I assume once the Magistrate has made a decision, does that then go back to the Judge, then do we have to wait for another 'meeting' of sorts, or is it a pretty much immediate process after the Magistrate responds?

Magistrate makes recommendations to the Judge. The Judge can accept, modify, or return the case to the Magistrate.

Who does not, except IB
devil.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom