California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Rosenblum said:
The fact that Darby was able to program and release a bulletin board software program that included certain more advanced features than vBulletin in a mere thirteen months...
Nice validation, though in fairness I should give credit to the astonishing software engineering talent of my partner, 'Sullivan', without whom it most certainly would not have been possible.

I look forward to proving that with sufficient expertise and effort not only is it possible, but it is the reason we are discussing this matter using XenForo right now.

Writing spaghetti code by trying to change vBulletin 3 into 4 is time consuming.
Apparently writing a whole new forum is easier !

The 10 year analogy doesn't hold water. Newer languages and IDEs are making coding quicker and quicker every year.

Internet Brands might want to thank Mike and Kier for showing them the platforms they should use for upgrading the mess that is vB 4 to 5 !

I like this section.
10 years to develop, 2 years to run it into the ground.
And any moron can see that XF is vB in a prettier package. :confused:

The irony being is that anyone who actually understands software (development, with the assistance of frameworks) and the combined abilities and experience of Kier and Mike know; that it's far faster and better to create from new ground up opposed to swimming against the tide of technical debt. Which is exactly what it appears the vBulletin project is now doing.

I can understand their reasoning of "We can't do it, therefore it's impossible", though I believe it to be desperately ignorant of the levels of efficiency that software teams can achieve when unencumbered with unsuited process, management and legacy code (which I'd assume the vast majority of the team don't know wholly).

37Signals churned out most of their suite with one person, part time in less than 6 months. I just wrote and entire virtual game world with interaction in 5 weeks. It's not that it can't be done, it's that it can't be done by top down suit-in-command structures. Guerilla warfare always beats traditional army at these things.

As for saying "perjury" and "they copied the code" in same statement, is beyond risky and bizarre in my opinion.

As for "Executed this 23rd day of December, 2010 at El Segundo, California." .......... that reminds me a lot of the character Doug Neidermeyer given "evidence" in the mock trail in Animal House.

I like this section.
10 years to develop, 2 years to run it into the ground.
And any moron can see that XF is vB in a prettier package. :confused:

Who ever wrote that section has no idea. How is XF a copy of vB? Heck XF still doesn't have 60-70% of the vB features. So how can it be considered a copy? Who ever that is has NO idea what they are taking about..... and needs to get out a little more.

What did he say? I just read over the entire thread, and find nothing contradictory.
I never said he has something contradictory, I was trying to say that iB was contradicting itself in saying that Kier WENT to work with iB/VBSI; ON LOCATION.

I read his entire story in his court papers earlier in this thread...and we were talking about it briefly (ya know the community here).

But if he says he went to iB headquarters, I will just leave it at that.

EDIT: As I thought; it's in this page: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1545603/031111358778.pdf

Look for line #4 through #6...

I only have the acrobat reader, so I'm not keen on c&p like the rest of you. :(

Apparently because Floris blogged about XenForo, and intimated that he had inside knowledge about XenForo, he's now a witness - or at least his blog is being used against XF.
He's not a witness, the blog is simply evidenced in screenshots.

Nice validation, though in fairness I should give credit to the astonishing software engineering talent of my partner, 'Sullivan', without whom it most certainly would not have been possible.

I look forward to proving that with sufficient expertise and effort not only is it possible, but it is the reason we are discussing this matter using XenForo right now.

I'd submit something like this as a counter:
"I, Kier Darby, who shall henceforth in these court documents be referred to as 'Darby the Barefoot, Destroyer of Muffins', should give credit to the astonishing software engineering talent of my partner, Mike Sullivan, who shall henceforth in these court documents be referred to as 'Sovereign Sullie'. My partner 'Sovereign Sullie' and I do allege we have committed no wrongdoing."

It looks like they photocopied half the internet as evidence. There's gotta be some evidence in there *somewhere*, right?

I never said he has something contradictory, I was trying to say that iB was contradicting itself in saying that Kier WENT to work with iB/VBSI; ON LOCATION.
Neither Kier, nor Mike, worked for VBSi. They worked for IB only. VBSi was not a company, or whatever, until after they resigned from IB.
And Kier did say that he went to California twice.

hahahaa.....
I'd submit something like this as a counter:
"I, Kier Darby, who shall henceforth in these court documents be referred to as 'Darby the Barefoot, Destroyer of Muffins', should give credit to the astonishing software engineering talent of my partner, Mike Sullivan, who shall henceforth in these court documents be referred to as 'Sovereign Sullie'. My partner 'Sovereign Sullie' and I do allege we have committed no wrongdoing."

It looks like they photocopied half the internet as evidence. There's gotta be some evidence in there *somewhere*, right?
I laughed throughout your post. lol.

Neither Kier, nor Mike, worked for VBSi. They worked for IB only. VBSi was not a company, or whatever, until after they resigned from IB.
And Kier did say that he went to California twice.
I never worked for Internet Brands inc. either. My sole contract was with Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., a UK company, which was acquired by IB Services Ltd., also a UK company in July 2007.

Reactions: Kim
I never worked for Internet Brands inc. either. My sole contract was with Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., a UK company, which was acquired by IB Services Ltd., also a UK company in July 2007.
ahha. My mistake. The docs say that you signed papers with them after they purchased JS.

Peggy, there was no inside knowledge.

Kier's son joined xenForo facebook group.
+ .com behind xenforo got me a web site.
ALL I was saying Floris is that they are using your blog. Upon reading what they have attached, it sounded like you might have had "inside" knowledge.
I didn't say you did. :) Sorry if it looked that way.

ALL I was saying Floris is that they are using your blog. Upon reading what they have attached, it sounded like you might have had "inside" knowledge.
I didn't say you did. :) Sorry if it looked that way.

Thanks for seeing that.

I find it difficult to see how the California court could justify dragging everyone and everything over from the U.K. to the U.S. for what is, in essence, a duplication of the U.K. action.

There's also the more fundamental question of whether a U.S. state court has any jurisdiction over a U.K. company/citizens that have never lived, worked, or been resident there?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom