California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, treaty obligations are weak in this regard (though, they do exist- also, I was not speaking only of US Federal courts, but meant to include US State courts). The most likely source of enforcement would be comity principles.
What is (or are?) comity principles?

What is (or are?) comity principles?

In very simple terms, it is a concept of extending reciprocity to legal judgments as a matter of courtesy. Usually, to be applied, the country that issued the judgment must offer similar legal protections as our system. There are many cases where foreign courts' judgments have been enforced based on this principle.

I would like some clarity. Maybe I just misread the last claim. They (vb) were saying that xf has code in the source for something which has been essentially removed from vb's system (not code though?) a while ago due to the lack of use of that feature and since xf doesn't use it and it's still there, they are claiming that is proof that xf has copied code since if xf started by scratch, it shouldn't even be there in the first place.

Did I misunderstand or misread this?

I would like some clarity. Maybe I just misread the last claim. They (vb) were saying that xf has code in the source for something which has been essentially removed from vb's system (not code though?) a while ago due to the lack of use of that feature and since xf doesn't use it and it's still there, they are claiming that is proof that xf has copied code since if xf started by scratch, it shouldn't even be there in the first place.

That's kinda how I understood it. I, too, find it very hard to understand complete bullsh!t.

VBS claims that XenForo uses the same outdated version of the Yahoo! YUI JavaScript library as vBulletin, and claims that the deferred write mechanism used in XenForo for updating attachment view counters is outdated because it follows a similar pattern to that used in vBulletin 3 but which was changed for vBulletin 4.

See doc 42-1 paragraphs 28 and 29, which Shamil has linked in the first post of this thread, for the allegations.

Can I get a link to what you guys are talkin' 'bout? I am confused and I don't even think I read it.

Ninja'd
All the latest files are updated to the first post in the thread, with dates. We're talking about the latest 2-3 that were added.

So they are claiming the rights to view counters? I don't get what they are getting at.

...and YUI is someone else's files right? And open for the public to use right?

I mean I still use old versions of flowplayer because of random compatability reasons... that does not infer I am copying someones flowplayer setup. I am trying to understand how using old yahoo owned tools means copying someone else.

That is such a reach...to me it looks like they are using words to try and confuse people who know nothing about computers and online activity beyond point and click.

<shakes head>

The new semantic XHTML and SEO features were designed to work together to boost performance.
42-1, page 7, lines 14-16.

I wondered what XFs secrets were to create lightning-fast web pages.

VBS claims that XenForo uses the same outdated version of the Yahoo! YUI JavaScript library as vBulletin, and claims that the deferred write mechanism used in XenForo for updating attachment view counters is outdated because it follows a similar pattern to that used in vBulletin 3 but which was changed for vBulletin 4.

See doc 42-1 paragraphs 28 and 29, which Shamil has linked in the first post of this thread, for the allegations.

I'm having a WTHECK and a WHAT THE FREAK moment... Since when is using a public library like Yahoo copying vBulletin? Hell, let's just accuse vBulletin of copying half a dozen other programs out there that uses source code that's been made publicly available by Yahoo!. Anyone want to make sure Mr. Rosenblum omitting key information such as anyone can use the Yahoo! source?

My other what the freak moment comes from his description on how vBulletin stores attachments inside a MySQL database. I'm furious because that's how the principles of storing ANY data in a database. You need to have a unique attachment id...

GRRRR...

42-2 Exhibit J is a joke.

Feature - vBulletin - XenForo
Hook System - Yes - Stolen
Theme System - Yes - Stolen
[etc]

Are they seriously claiming every single feature on that list is completely innovative and never used before by any platform except vBulletin?

For everyone else's pleasure:
Screenshot_1.webp

You'll also notice versioning is copyrighted by VBSI too, game's over guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom