California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked before...

Why is Mert a defendant? I assume it's the same Mert that posts here?

IIRC: I think it had something to with his employment at vBSEO. I don't remember the wording used, will have to look it up and see what the exact claim was.

But what's vBSEO got to do with XenForo?

NVM, here is the basic text:

mert_text_90-1.webp

Taken from this document.

AFAIK, Ashley, Mike and Kier has always been represented by Pamela.
Not according to the most recent documents.

Anyone with their eyes open around June knew something had changed and that there had to be some type of settlement being discussed. What I observe leads me to believe the weight of the case on their personal lives is greater than the value of XF to them and the agreement was likely to simply shutter XF in return from dropping the case.

Who can really blame them? its not like you can say they made a quick buck and disappeared. XF is probably a loss for them at this point.

If thats a deal they can cut, then go for it.

Speculation !
Please say it's not true.

In the messages between lawyers, a settlement was discussed but the terms were not included. So, the end result of ANY settlement is speculation.

(If I missed some details, please correct me and cite the passage that has more details.)

...Sunlight is the best disinfectant. The simplest and best way for the Court to see for itself the falsity of the picture painted by Defendants...

...October 1, 2012. Defendants file this Motion on the very same day that
Plaintiffs' counsel sends the requested draft amendment.
Conclusion. The filing of this Motion came after months of obstruction and
delay by Defendants and their counsel. It came just when Plaintiff was bending
over backwards to accommodate Defendants despite their bad faith conduct, just to
make sure the case moved along...

...For the reasons set forth above, Defendants' Motion should be denied.
Furthermore, Defendants and their counsel should be sanctioned in the amount of
$16,800 and the discovery cut-off should be extended one month from November
13, 2012 until December 13, 2012. Moreover, Plaintiff should be allowed to file
amended witness and/or exhibit lists by December 20, 2012 (after the current
deadline of November 13, 2012), should that discovery provide new witnesses or
exhibits that Plaintiff seeks to introduce at trial...
this the most retarded legal document I've ever read. Lawyers don't bend over backwards, they bend their clients over. Everyone knows that. Also fire is the best disinfectant.

Not according to the most recent documents.

Anyone with their eyes open around June knew something had changed and that there had to be some type of settlement being discussed. What I observe leads me to believe the weight of the case on their personal lives is greater than the value of XF to them and the agreement was likely to simply shutter XF in return from dropping the case.

Who can really blame them? its not like you can say they made a quick buck and disappeared. XF is probably a loss for them at this point.

If thats a deal they can cut, then go for it.

So there's a very good chance a deal has already been made and that IB own XF now?

So there's a very good chance a deal has already been made and that IB own XF now?

I don't think so Shelley, not yet anyway.

If that were the case, why would the XF legal team raise a motion to dismiss? That seems like a waste of time if a settlement had been inked during September/October. I think based on what's been filed, there are still some punches to be traded and all we can really do is wait and watch.

If IB owned xf at this point...the case would be over as they would have no need for a court case (I am thinking)...

Please just read the documented facts (or lack of fact pending on how you assess what you read) and ponder those....the rumor mill never helped anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom