California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, it's a free county and judges are public figures. We'll discuss them all day and all night if want to.
A free country doesn't stop people from doing stupid things and discussing a judge who is residing over a case you (or in this case many people) have got an interest in is a very stupid thing (imo).

A free country doesn't stop people from doing stupid things and discussing a judge who is residing over a case you (or in this case many people) have got an interest in is a very stupid thing (imo).

you assume way to much importance for your own personal opinion if you think like that.
Here's a fact: the judge doesn't give a sh*t what you think personally, or any of us, he's kinda focused on the people who are actually involved in the case. aka, not me or you. I think that is how it works. This forum can dictate the content, but you can't honestly believe the judge would take sides over a comment made by BamaStangGuy , about cowboys, above. Do you even think he reads this thread for the juciy gossip and/or and updates on his own case? I'll accept the fact the mods feel this has derailed but I won't be taking advice from a random customer who feels I will hurt a judges feelings because I point out he's 88 years old. Get a grip.

VB can hype all they want... just like their last fiasco, I don't see this one getting any better.

Just take a look at the resource area here... they're now starting to really build and more developers are heading towards Xenforo progressively. It will take a good 5 years IMO, in which time VB will nearly be out of the market and XF & IPB the dominant forces, especially the way the big boards are converting over to XF software. Apart from the obvious addictive benefits of XF, thus increasing posting, big boards will save themselves thousands due to the way XF runs so flawlessly upon servers compared to IPB or VB...

I run a small forum in the scheme of things, hopefully hitting the 500k mark at the end of this year, and just shifting from VB to XF I have saved myself a good $500 a year in server costs, requiring only a single core that is running at 75% capacity compared to VB needing two cores running at 70% capacity. That is how poor VB runs on a server.

I could imagine big boards with millions of posts would be saving themselves thousands per annum, whilst also increasing their post count at the same time due to the addictiveness of XF and its speed. That is just good business for the bottom line.

Being the owner of a big board, I can tell you that the current lack of important and needed functions (mainly at admin side, a few also at public side of the software) in xenForo makes it impossible to use it for such a forum. Only if you write a bunch of addons (like Shaun of DP does) or if xenForo officially lanches a new version with all those missing features your scenario maybe will come true.

And then, I am sure, the current lighter footprint on servers will mostly be gone.

But you are right. xenForo is an impressing piece of software, not comparable with vB, much more up-to-date in it's code and very well thought design. I just wish that this silly lawsuit will be settled soon, so the software can grow unhindered to reach its full potential.

Unfortunately it is very unsure currently if this will ever happen.

But you are right. xenForo is an impressing piece of software, not comparable with vB, much more up-to-date in it's code and very well thought design. I just wish that this silly lawsuit will be settled soon, so the software can grow unhindered to reach its full potential.

Agreed. (y)

you assume way to much importance for your own personal opinion if you think like that.
Here's a fact: the judge doesn't give a sh*t what you think personally, or any of us, he's kinda focused on the people who are actually involved in the case. aka, not me or you. I think that is how it works. This forum can dictate the content, but you can't honestly believe the judge would take sides over a comment made by BamaStangGuy , about cowboys, above. Do you even think he reads this thread for the juciy gossip and/or and updates on his own case? I'll accept the fact the mods feel this has derailed but I won't be taking advice from a random customer who feels I will hurt a judges feelings because I point out he's 88 years old. Get a grip.

Precisely -- judges ignore the noise & focus on the legal issues. I can't imagine the judge in this case wasting his time reading either this thread or its vB counterpart. Even it he did, he would never allow it to influence his decisions.

His overturn on appeal rate is 10x higher than the rest of the federal judicial system, so I don't think it matters who wins this case, it's going to go on for a long time due to appeals.

Precisely -- judges ignore the noise & focus on the legal issues. I can't imagine the judge in this case wasting his time reading either this thread or its vB counterpart. Even it he did, he would never allow it to influence his decisions.
You'd like to think so, wouldn't you. Personally, I wouldn't want to take the chance....

Oh and btw, I wasn't suggesting that saying he was 88 was an issue, more the comments others have made in the past that weren't too kind towards him.

His overturn on appeal rate is 10x higher than the rest of the federal judicial system, so I don't think it matters who wins this case, it's going to go on for a long time due to appeals.

And if the case is overturned on appeal, you get to start the trial process all over again. The lawyers are making/going to make a fortune

Being the owner of a big board, I can tell you that the current lack of important and needed functions (mainly at admin side, a few also at public side of the software) in xenForo makes it impossible to use it for such a forum. Only if you write a bunch of addons (like Shaun of DP does) or if xenForo officially lanches a new version with all those missing features your scenario maybe will come true.
Don't be offended when I tend to disagree with you: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-big-forum-list.26352/

That list is growing bigger every month with big boards converting. When you have someone like IGN converted over to XF, being one of the top 5 big boards on the entire web... other big boards take notice.

Don't be offended when I tend to disagree with you: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-big-forum-list.26352/

That list is growing bigger every month with big boards converting. When you have someone like IGN converted over to XF, being one of the top 5 big boards on the entire web... other big boards take notice.

I would check that tbh. Some of the forums on that very list have been looking to convert, and more so some have already converted away from xenforo. Mine being one of them.

Its not no. However thats not what this thread is about, it is about the case. And IMO I still believe its a ridiculous case. I moved my forum because of the lack of information coming from here and the lack of featureset I need for my forum. I still own a licence for xenforo and I indeed hope 1.2 comes soon and wish the guys every success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom