California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you want to bet that vB5 will look familiar? (This is my opinion only and does not necessarily coincide with opinions of KAM, Xenforo.com or it's users.)

Guys...read this:
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sho...of-vBulletin-will-be-launched-later-this-year

It seems that VB is going to release vbulletin 5 near the end of the year...maybe to earn more money to spend in this lawsuit?

That'll be EXACTLY why they had a "sale" weekend just gone. Needless to say that i wasnt even tempted to renew any of my old licences... Seems just as soon as they get rid of all of the bugs, they introduce another version with a whole load more!!!.....

Then I would turn around and sue them right back.
Takes money to do that, XenForo probably just wants to move on with whatever it is they've got left. After all this, the last thing they want to be doing is be back in court. It will be intriguing to see what IB does knowing this to be true as well and knowing the precedent set.

Yeah I know.
However with the court case ongoing, I can't believe they would be so bold as to put out a product that closely resembles the product of the company they're suing.

Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking about.... :rolleyes:

Awesome news for Ashley and XF. It seems the judge is starting to agree with XF about how IB are trying to prolong things and claim stupid, frivolous claims for the sake of dragging it out.

Really good to see the judge starting to get tough and ruling out any claims coming back to waste time.

Now I hope the judge stops all these amended issues and just forces a date. If IB don't turn up, then they lose and it's all closed of.

This is interesting though...

Internet Brands’ CTO, Joe Rosenblum, to Lead a Session on Growth and Getting to One Billion Forum MAUs

I wonder if Mr Rosenblum will be taking questions after his session. Anyone going to ForumCon? I have a few questions I'd like Joe to answer ;)

and when they win it; ask for all the money to IB? I mean, it's the IB that's got 'the cash'.

In general we don't have a "loser pays" system in our civil courts. There might be circumstances (e.g. misconduct or fraud) where the plaintiffs might be ordered to reimburse the respondents' costs (and the documents place under seal might prove to be "interesting" in that regard), but nothing is certain. It's also not unusual to have counts thrown out of multi-count cases, so we have to be careful not to read too much into that, although I do hope the judge sees it as we do. :) At the end of the day, it's not over until it's over, and a final decision is recorded in the docket.

Anyone mind copying and pasting what they says?

Here ya go -
Okay, so we are officially pumped for ForumCon June 12th! In addition to sessions on SEO, social media, community management, monetization, and content creation — we’ve just made two exciting additions to the schedule of events for the day of ForumCon.
First | vBulletin to Unveil its Next Version at ForumCon

The next version of vBulletin will be launched later this year. It will entail a next-generation forum product with a modernized community experience. The product will provide increasing social functionality, improving content management and streamlining site set-up and administration.
The worldwide introduction of the new version of vBulletin will be made at a special press event at ForumCon, just before the kick off of the day’s formal agenda. Media, developers, and forum owners that are interested in a first look at the newest product can arrive early for the event which will kick off at 8:15am.
Also, vBulletin will be extending a $25 discount to all ForumCon attendees that are interested in purchasing the newest version when it is formally released! Be on the lookout for your unique discount code in your registration packet you receive upon arrival.
Second | Internet Brands’ CTO, Joe Rosenblum, to Lead a Session on Growth and Getting to One Billion Forum MAUs

Executives from the parent company of vBulletin will draw on experience from operating over 200 forum sites to explain the trends, tools, and technologies that are driving the next wave of forum growth. Specific areas to be discussed include why 2012 is a great time to start a forum, why Google Panda is an SEO best friend to forum sites, how forums can leverage Facebook to attract more users than it draws away, vital considerations for forums serving mobile visitors, key ways forums need to change, and how they should stay the same.

I had thought about going to ForumCon, but thought it would be a waste of my time.

This announcement solidifies that position.

Let me guess. IB will steal ideas from XenForo, implement them in vB 4, break other things while they are at it, release it (vB5) in a buggy mess, ignore complaints from customers and advertise it as the next generation community software.

In a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom