Calendar

Calendar 6.1

No permission to download
Hi there! I love the plugin, so thank you for all this awesome effort and the great add-on!

When someone creates a new calendar recurring event, the formatting of the dates fills the top of the forum thread like this:

2017-02-22_2134.webp

Is it possible to parse recurring events like google calendar so it reads something like:

"Recurring Event Every Wed. at 8:00 PM until June 10th 2018"

Or something similiar to avoid all the date-spam?

Thanks for considering this!

M

I'm paying for and using [8WR] XenAtendo 2 (Events) PRO 1.1.5. Because of the author's well known lack of support, and Andy's reputation for GREAT support , I'm thinking of switching.

Has anyone transferred from there to Andy's add on here? What are the differences and how was your experience overall?

Hello,

is possible export to ical? We need to have avaliable events in other calendar-applications (google calendar, thunderbird... etc).

"unfortuantly" i have xenporta 2 running and cant install Widget framework, is there any way i can have "upcoming" events showing?

We run a nightlife forum, and it occurs to us that we would need an event calendar. Not sure how it would work though, can anyone recommend a good forum site to see a working calendar as an example of what it could do for us? Thank you.

Is it right that i need always a thread and then to fix it to a date?
I would like to have a date and maybe a thread. Hmmpf.

Still loving the Calendar @AndyB !

Is there any chance of getting the re-occuring event feature extended? It would be great to be able to choose monthly events like "First Friday of every month" of "every friday".

Is that possible? We use your plugin a lot but users really need that option. I'd gladly pay more, or pay to have that developed! Cheers!

M

Would it be possible to make the thread list calendar link display permission-based? Currently these calendar links show up alongside the threads with linked events, even if the viewing user does not have the "Calendar View" permission set to yes. Google's search console keeps complaining about this link as it links to a "you must be logged in to do this" page due to the way I've set the permissions. Thanks :)

EDIT: Thanks @AndyB for making updates so quickly to address this (y)(y) (because one thumbs up isn't enough) :)

Last edited:
Hello, can you help me? I have more recurring events, how can i update or remove ONLY one of them all?

Hello, i have tip for next realase:

In the forum, when the time is over, when there is more, the old action will be cut and lightened, the closest to the contrary. For example:

---
In Calendar: 01.05.17, 08.05.17, 20.05.17, 02.06.17, 24.06.17, 16.07.17, 29.07.17, 13.08.17, 26.08.17, 09.09.17, 23.09.17, 14.10.17
--

The same in Calendar... ?

I just installed this last night, but I'm having some trouble. The calendar works and the sidebar positions add-on works, but nothing is showing up in the sidebar. I have the Calendar Events Today and Upcoming set with numbers in their sidebar positions fields, so that's not the problem. I suspect it may have to do with the fact that almost everything I've added to the calendar so far has been in the form of holidays in the Holiday.php file. (The denizens of my forum love their silly holidays.)

Do holidays just not trigger the calendar to show the sidebar? Or, if they're supposed to show up, what could be wrong that it's not working?

Andy,

I appreciate this add-on, Thank you.

I have members from around the world. it would be nice that, when the calendar event was created, the user would be forced to enter the time, as a single time (6:00PM) or a range (6:00PM-8:00PM) or as an "all-day" event. In addition it would be great if, when they enter that time using your 'calendar-add' form, you then show that time, on the calendar display, in the local time of the viewer.

For Example:

• Joe creates a thread titled "Treasure Hunting"
  • Joe then creates a Calendar-Add for May 25th as the date and selects 6:00Pm as the start time and 8:00PM as the end time.
  • Your software knows Joe is in the London, England timezone from his profile settings and stores the time accordingly
  • Fred signs in and looks at the calendar display or his upcoming events sidebar
  • Fred is in the United States Pacific timezone (again from his profile settings)
  • Your software correctly shows the event time as 11:00AM as the start and 1:00PM as the end time (correctly allowing for the -7hr difference between London and Los Angeles)
Since Xenforo can translate the times accordingly for world wide users, can't you take advantage of that to display time correctly for users in different timezones?

This would be a BIG help for forums having member from many places and trying to coordinate without everyone having to do timezone calculations in order to show up on time. It would also eliminate the user having to list times in the thread title.

Thanks for your kind consideration

+1 to @Daremo on timezones, would love this feature if at all possible.

Having one issue - I can't get the sidebar block to appear for the calendar. Using sidebar blocks, latest version, set the calendar upcoming to a position and it won't appear. I can get 'tomorrow's Calendar events' to display but not the upcoming one. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Top Bottom