Calendar?

DoctorWatsOn

Is it me being stupid and missing something, or is there no calendar?
hmm.gif

I don't think this functionality has been added yet and to be honest on most forums it was a waste anyway and I always disabled it in vB... I would suggest having this as an add-on, in-fact I think any functionality beyond the standard Forum should be an add-on

I do use the calendar on my forums because it's a great way of reminding people of events that they might like to attend. If it was an add on that would be fine - just having the option of a calendar would be helpful. Lack of a calendar however isn't going to turn me away from this software!!

A calendar/events system would be useful for a lot of people, but it should be a first-class citizen along with blogs, cms and a gallery.

Think of the facebook events system...now that would be cool.
I am also in the boat of thinking that a basic calendar, like with vB, is pretty much useless for most sites (not all, but most) while what is really needed is an "Events" type system.

I agree the calenar is maybe the most underrated and underestimated feature on forums - 'cause there's hardly a software around that is implementing it properly...
Hey you!!! Good to 'see' you!

You're right, the forum calendar is the more underrated and underestimated feature on forums. On my designs site I used it extensively, as did my clients/members.
My forum is probably one of the very few that did use it as it was meant to be used. I would definitely want one.

Top Bottom