1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calendar?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by DoctorWatsOn, Jul 29, 2010.

1. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

Is it me being stupid and missing something, or is there no calendar? [​IMG]

Grover likes this.
  2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Is that essential on a forum?

krstep, glorify and JulianD like this.
  3. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

I have not seen it anywhere.

4. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I don't think this functionality has been added yet and to be honest on most forums it was a waste anyway and I always disabled it in vB... I would suggest having this as an add-on, in-fact I think any functionality beyond the standard Forum should be an add-on

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Don't think there is.

6. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

Do people actually use the Calendar?

7. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

A calendar/events system would be useful for a lot of people, but it should be a first-class citizen along with blogs, cms and a gallery.

8. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

It is on a 'what's on' based site.

9. DailyDeveloper

DailyDeveloper New Member

Does anyone really use/need the Calendar? I haven't used it in any forum software I have used/owned.

10. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

I have never used a calendar on a forum. I don't know if my users do.

11. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Hence me thinking it should be a plugin/add-on as MOST sites this wouldn't be needed, would be cool if the events worked by using forum threads...

12. Gill

Gill Member

I do use the calendar on my forums because it's a great way of reminding people of events that they might like to attend. If it was an add on that would be fine - just having the option of a calendar would be helpful. Lack of a calendar however isn't going to turn me away from this software!!

13. Christie

Christie Member

We use the calendar all the time for posting upcoming events that members may wish to attend.

It's pretty much an essential part of our forum.

Elizabeth likes this.
  14. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Think of the facebook events system...now that would be cool.

Jason likes this.
  15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yes I do use the calendar, so it's very important for me.

Elizabeth likes this.
  16. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

I am also in the boat of thinking that a basic calendar, like with vB, is pretty much useless for most sites (not all, but most) while what is really needed is an "Events" type system.

17. cellarius

cellarius Active Member

I agree the calenar is maybe the most underrated and underestimated feature on forums - 'cause there's hardly a software around that is implementing it properly...

CallieJo and WhatChaMissin like this.
  18. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I only want a calendar if it is completely integrated. ipb and vbulletin calendars are certainly not.

19. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Hey you!!! Good to 'see' you!

You're right, the forum calendar is the more underrated and underestimated feature on forums. On my designs site I used it extensively, as did my clients/members.
    My forum is probably one of the very few that did use it as it was meant to be used. I would definitely want one.

Elizabeth likes this.
  20. ragtek

ragtek Guest

word