Buying New License

DRE

If I have a xenforo installation and I delete the forum but leave the database intact, when uploading the software again and connecting to the same user and database will I get those old threads back?

You can install the software and import the backed-up database over the new one.

Any avatars and attachments will need to be copied from the old server directories to the new ones.

You can install the software and import the backed-up database over the new one.

Any avatars and attachments will need to be copied from the old server directories to the new ones.
So importing the backed up database is given in the list of options when installing the software?

No.

Install the software as normal.
Then import the backup using phpMyAdmin.
Uh. Okay what if I backed up the site to before I deleted it.

Before I deleted it it was xf beta 1.1.03

So if I bring it back although its on another license, can I upgrade it to xf beta 1.104 using the software from the new license?

You will need to import into the same version, just in case of database schema changes.

Although I don't think there have been any between beta 3 and 4.

You will need to import into the same version, just in case of database schema changes.

Although I don't think there have been any between beta 3 and 4.
What I meant is if I bring back the old installation, which is on Beta 3, I wouldn't have to do anything different. It's working fine, BUT it's on another license.

I don't know how to change the license in xenforo. So instead of changing the license, use the new license I bought when upgrading it to Beta 4?

MySQL Server:

- Database_A
- Database_B

If Db_A already has XenForo running, export it. Then import it into an empty database, like Db_B, and copy the files you're using for that instance to another directory or account where you want to use a second xenforo license. Then point the config.php of this copy to Database_B

You have now mirrored your xenforo instance.

You run two instances, and therefor will need two licenses.

You can login and delete threads and users and forums on Db_B, and they won't be deleted from Db_A.

I hope that explains the logic behind multiple instances, mirrored instances, ..

Top Bottom