1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy used varified license

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Steff, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Steff

Steff Member

Hi guys I'm about to buy a varified license and have checked the token but the license that is on offer includes extras such as media gallery and resources. How can I check that these are actually part of the varification or that I'm not just being sold a basic license.
    Also the license expires in May 2016 can I buy extrea support and downloads and the cost please.
    I understand that once I purchase the license I can no longer sell it... I'm ok with that as I've been loyal to Vbulletin for 8 years so I'm looking forward to being part of the Xenforo community.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no method for checking add-ons related to the license so you will have to take the seller's word that they are associated with the license.

Upgrade costs are listed here: https://xenforo.com/purchase/xenforo-details

Steff likes this.
  3. Steff

Steff Member

Wow thanks for the quick responce... I've forgotten what it's like to ask questions and not have to wait days for a reply. Thank you for the upgrade/support information. I will do my maths and see if it is a better deal for me to buy new.

ScarletCox likes this.
  4. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

You can sell a new license on and recoup some cost, that's if you don't plan on using XF for a while. Personally, I'd buy a 2nd hand license. I have no plans in getting rid of mine.

When you're getting a license transferred over, XF open a ticket with you informing if you wish to accept the transfer. That's the part where you should be sure to ask if it has the add-ons the seller claims it does.

5. Steff

Steff Member

Thanks Robust I've already completed the transaction and am now setting the users rights. The process was sweet and I would recomend Xenforo to anyone :)

ScarletCox, wang and Robust like this.
  6. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Brill. Welcome to XenForo :)