Bug Hunter Poll: why is it so hard to find bugs at XenForo ?

Bug Hunter Poll: why is it so hard to find bugs at XenForo ?

• Total voters
yeah, which is the reason I was searching for major bugs..... but could not find any
I myself reported about 297 bugs at BuddyPress.org (this is no joke BTW)

If only Kier and Mike coded that! :) JK I don't know the devs or the extent of that software so I'm not one to comment on it haha :).

Anywho, I will say there have been quite a few bugs reported but what I'm most amazed at is the turn-around on the fixes... Resolved bugs is filled with 220 :) some duplicates or non bugs but still :)

Picked the 3rd option, because it seems to me they are coding 24 and 7.

When you have two of the best forum software developers on the same team, both with a passion for producing top-notch software, the result will be nothing less than you are experiencing here. :)

[x] Because they know what they are doing and have 10 years of experience building market leading bulletin board systems. And understand the market, know what modern web technologies mean, and have a vision of what a community is, and not just what forum software is. And they never sleep.

yeah, which is the reason I was searching for major bugs ;)

I myself reported about 297 bugs at BuddyPress.org (this is no joke BTW)

Well... since we are talking about other software now... since the release of the trainwreck otherwise known as vBulletin 4, I have reported these bugs (see the first page):
http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10276

Almost all of them are based on the puzzling lack of quality concerning vB4's UI/UX. Can you believe that after 9 (!!!) months someone (their new QA Manager) is finally replying on them? 9 months!!! I mean... where are your priorities. Apparently, Internet Brands sees the UI/UX as not important enough and this is just... well. I have spend months and months contributing an enormous amount of suggestions to improve the UI after they released vBulletin 4 'Gold' (doesn't even deserve the label 'Beta') and almost nothing has been done about it. I just happen to have a fairly good eye on user interfaces (if I may say so myself) and I tried to 'solve' what could be solved by offering my free 'help'. No reaction in 9 months.

Whereas overhere at XenForo's the developers actually listen and work together with the community to create the best possible UI/UX out there. I mean... this UI/UX of XenForo is already outstanding for 95% -when it was shown to the public for the first time- and the customers suggestions to improve the 5% are taken seriously... and often even implemented live on the forum. It is amazing. This is what I wrote on vBulletin.org about the UI/UX of XenForo: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2083986&postcount=120

One of the biggest selling points of XenForo is it's simple, intuitive, innovate UI/UX. Finally a forum company that get's the essential value the UI/UX has for a product and it's customers. vB 3.8 had an excellent UI/UX for that time. Invision I never liked when it came to the UI/UX, because it is simply not good in many areas, trust me. vBulletin4... well enough about that.

Ha... when writing this post a song came on on my internet radio: 'Adam Nickey Feat. Tiff Lacey - Letting Go (Michael Witness Ambient Mix)'.

So we say good bye
To the other side
So we kiss and sigh
No longer anymore
Love has left this land
hand is in my hand
So we say goodbye
This time ....
Letting go
Letting go
letting go ...

Collapse myself into..

Letting go

Letting go
letting go...

Perhaps Ive fallen through...

Letting go

Letting go
letting go...

This new sensation ..

letting go...

This my salvation ...

Never I would have imagined thinking of a software product when reading lyrics such as these ;).

Amen :).

(ps: don't read too much drama into my essays... I *am* mentally healthy! I believe... ;-)

Top Bottom