1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Hunter Poll: why is it so hard to find bugs at XenForo ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by erich37, Aug 14, 2010.

Bug Hunter Poll: why is it so hard to find bugs at XenForo ?

1. because Kier is powered by Pizza

2. because Mike is powered by Snack Size Bars

3. because Mike + Kier never sleep

4. this is no fun, please build some more bugs into this

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

please keep this poll in a funny way, it is weekend now !
  2. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I refuse to answer this purely on the principle that I think the last option is crazy...
  3. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Well-Known Member

*Some conditions may apply. Only in selected regions of the world, depends on calendar and time system observed. Prohibited where weekend observation is illegal.
    Cezz likes this.
  4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I took the 3rd option because it's true. These guys rarely sleep, especially Kier.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Is it hard to find bugs? I hadn't noticed. :)
  6. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

Xenforo will offer you a best discount if anybody find one bug.Haha.
  7. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

You cannot find what isn't there.
  8. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

yeah, which is the reason I was searching for major bugs ;)

I myself reported about 297 bugs at BuddyPress.org (this is no joke BTW)
  9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

If only Kier and Mike coded that! :) JK I don't know the devs or the extent of that software so I'm not one to comment on it haha :).

Anywho, I will say there have been quite a few bugs reported but what I'm most amazed at is the turn-around on the fixes... Resolved bugs is filled with 220 :) some duplicates or non bugs but still :)
  10. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Hmm, how to make bug-busting easier ....
  11. skhms

skhms Active Member

haha, when I saw this thread my first thought was - wonder if Mike and Kier thinks the same?

12. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

They don't sparkle in the daylight do they :eek:
  13. Experienced pros doing what they know.

So all the big bugs that an inexperienced developer would make aren't being made in the first place. :p
  14. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

Bugs are tastily.
  15. iGamer

iGamer Active Member

Once again, give it up for xF!
  16. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Picked the 3rd option, because it seems to me they are coding 24 and 7.

When you have two of the best forum software developers on the same team, both with a passion for producing top-notch software, the result will be nothing less than you are experiencing here. :)
  17. Floris

Floris Guest

[x] Because they know what they are doing and have 10 years of experience building market leading bulletin board systems. And understand the market, know what modern web technologies mean, and have a vision of what a community is, and not just what forum software is. And they never sleep.
  18. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Well... since we are talking about other software now... since the release of the trainwreck otherwise known as vBulletin 4, I have reported these bugs (see the first page):

Almost all of them are based on the puzzling lack of quality concerning vB4's UI/UX. Can you believe that after 9 (!!!) months someone (their new QA Manager) is finally replying on them? 9 months!!! I mean... where are your priorities. Apparently, Internet Brands sees the UI/UX as not important enough and this is just... well. I have spend months and months contributing an enormous amount of suggestions to improve the UI after they released vBulletin 4 'Gold' (doesn't even deserve the label 'Beta') and almost nothing has been done about it. I just happen to have a fairly good eye on user interfaces (if I may say so myself) and I tried to 'solve' what could be solved by offering my free 'help'. No reaction in 9 months.

Whereas overhere at XenForo's the developers actually listen and work together with the community to create the best possible UI/UX out there. I mean... this UI/UX of XenForo is already outstanding for 95% -when it was shown to the public for the first time- and the customers suggestions to improve the 5% are taken seriously... and often even implemented live on the forum. It is amazing. This is what I wrote on vBulletin.org about the UI/UX of XenForo: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2083986&postcount=120

One of the biggest selling points of XenForo is it's simple, intuitive, innovate UI/UX. Finally a forum company that get's the essential value the UI/UX has for a product and it's customers. vB 3.8 had an excellent UI/UX for that time. Invision I never liked when it came to the UI/UX, because it is simply not good in many areas, trust me. vBulletin4... well enough about that.

Ha... when writing this post a song came on on my internet radio: 'Adam Nickey Feat. Tiff Lacey - Letting Go (Michael Witness Ambient Mix)'.

Never I would have imagined thinking of a software product when reading lyrics such as these ;).

Amen :).

(ps: don't read too much drama into my essays... I *am* mentally healthy! I believe... ;-)
  19. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

• [*]The selected filter is not available to you, perhaps it has been deleted or had its permissions changed.

Otherwise nice, valid post :)