• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BrokenArch by SchmitzIT

Lykke

I created my first 'own' style and called it BrokenArch :) It is a very simple style with clean lines.

And it's now available to download for free.

There are currently 5 versions:

BrokenArchDark
BrokenArchDark_preview.webp

BrokenArchRed
BrokenArchRed_preview.webp

BrokenArchSun
BrokenArchSun_preview.webp

BrokenArchSky
BrokenArchSky_preview.webp

BrokenArchPurple
BrokenArchPurple_preview.webp

You can see and download the styles on our forum in the forum section "SchmitzIT Xenforo styles" (You can also select the forum styles in the chooser and play around in it - the BrokenArchDark is the defualt): http://schmitzit.com/forums/index.php

The node-icons are simple icons made in Illustrator, featuring different colours to fit the style. You are of course free to replace them with icons of your own choice, and the same applies to the logo.

My new forum using the BrokenArchDark style including XenPorta and other 8WayRun add-ons can be seen in action here: www.mindfarts.com

How to get the style:
  1. Save the zip-file with the style you choose
  2. Extract the BrokenArch zip-file to a local drive
  3. Upload the “BrokenArch” folder from the zip-file to your forum's styles folder
  4. Import the xml file in the zip-folder into your admin CP's Appearance / styles
It is OK to
  • Use the style freely
  • Adjust the forum style to your site, needs and design – as long as you keep the copyright notice at the bottom right (Style BrokenArch © 2011 SchmitzIT). This also includes changes in the templates and CSS.
  • Credit yourself with your adjustments, as long as you keep the copyright notice intact. I.e. Style BrokenArch © 2011 SchmitzIT - adjusted by YOU
It is NOT OK to
  • Distribute the style without explicit permission
  • Remove the copyright notice without a copyright license (prices below)
  • Convert the style to other forum platforms without permission
  • Copy the style without permission
How to remove the copyright notice

The style contains a copyright message. If you wish to remove the message it will cost you 20 USD for one color, 35 USD for 2 colors and 50 USD for all 5 colors.

Please pay through Paypal to: peter@schmitzit.com with a description of what you bought.

If you need help, do not hesitate asking.

Hope you like it and I appreciate all feed-back on BrokenArch, my first Style :)

Thanks (y)
Lykke

EDITS
I removed the version 1.1.4 styles - but they can be found here:
http://schmitzit.com/forums/index.php?threads/brokenarch-by-schmitzit.11/#post-44

The versions attached here are all updated with the following changes (which you should change in the 1.1.4 style - or the 1.1.5 style, if you imported it before these updates).

If you are using the sprite icon, set the node icon for unread to "-36px 0". You find this in the 'Style properties' under "node icon forum unread".

Find:
Code:
.formPopup {
width: 245px;
background-color: transparent!important;
}

And replace it with:
Code:
.formPopup {
background-color: transparent!important;
}

To adjust the width of the breadcrumb so it fits with new forum width, find:
Code:
.breadcrumb {
background: url("styles/BrokenArch/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") repeat-x scroll center top #DDE0E5;
border: 1px solid #DDE0E5;
border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
width: 673px;
font-size: 11px;
overflow: hidden;
}

And replace it with
Code:
.breadcrumb {
background: url("styles/BrokenArch/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") repeat-x scroll center top #DDE0E5;
border: 1px solid #DDE0E5;
border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
width: 730px;
font-size: 11px;
overflow: hidden;
}

Please insert this in the EXTRA.css :
Code:
#QuickSearch.active {
box-shadow: 5px 5px 25px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
padding-bottom: 5px;
background-color: @pageBackground;
}

a.callToAction {
background: url("styles/BrokenArch/xenforo/gradients/form-button-white-25px.png") repeat-x scroll center top #DDE0E5;
border-radius: 6px 6px 6px 6px;
box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15);
display: inline-block;
height: 20px;
line-height: 20px;
outline: 0 none;
padding: 2px;
margin-top: 35px !important;
}

.pageWidth {
margin: auto;
min-width: 1000px;
width: 1034px !important; }

Attachments

@principia :) Thank you

@ Thank you Boothby - something was wrong in the ftp, but it should be fixed now. I am not sure what happened, because it worked fine on www.mindfarts.com - but very glad you told me about the issue =)

I have to say, that's actually a nice design, without steering too far away from the default. Really impressive work...

I think the "search" field needs a little cleanup on certain pages, help, profiles, etc, as it looks a bit ugly the way it is now...

Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 8.03.33 AM.webp

Would be great to see a few additional colours maybe...

Overall, really clean design that doesn't step way out from the XF design, yet gives its a very new freshness.

Thanks for all your replies :)

I will go through the style once more and make sure no bugs or other weird stuff is going on - and then (hopefully) make it available from tomorrow.
Please include an option to remove copyright notice in the footer, as I might have someone interested in investing in this style, then update it for their own site's needs. Due to them being a business they want to have their footer as clean as possible. (Someone else has final say, but I hope they will move forward with improving their xenforo support forums, the dark theme gives them a professional look).

@The Dark Wizard - I created it in the 1.1 so that is not a problem. If anyone wish to use it for an earlier VU that will be possible, but we better check it first ;)

@Floris - Sounds great, thanks. And I will make sure it will be possible to remove the footer.

@The Dark Wizard - I created it in the 1.1 so that is not a problem. If anyone wish to use it for an earlier VU that will be possible, but we better check it first ;)

@Floris - Sounds great, thanks. And I will make sure it will be possible to remove the footer.
Thanks ;)

Awesome. I know Jaxel has converted his mods over to use the XF styling parameters, but keeping realistic, some colours just don't play nice together when mods become involved for a style that was established based on XF alone.

This is the first theme thats really caught my attention since Flexile...

@Anthony - Thank you :) I'm very happy to hear that. Will make sure to tweak it to fit as much as possible.

@Marcos - That is a good idea :) Will work on that.

I have to say, that's actually a nice design, without steering too far away from the default. Really impressive work...

I think the "search" field needs a little cleanup on certain pages, help, profiles, etc, as it looks a bit ugly the way it is now...

View attachment 21031

The search bar issue should be fixed now :) www.schmitzit.com/forums

Also, I checked and added the style to www.thatgameforum.com which has the portal and media and it looks fine. The forum also has the wiki, but that was added manually, and therefore something I need to check tonight.

I will also add the style in a few other colors later.

Top Bottom