• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BrokenArch by SchmitzIT

If others feel it's annoying with the transparent bg in the search bar drop down, feel free to add this to the Extra.css:

#QuickSearch.active {
box-shadow: 5px 5px 25px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
padding-bottom: 5px;
background-color: @pageBackground;
}

Should remove the issue :)

Have fun
Lykke

Just one tiny little item needs adjusting. When you go into thread view (i.e. click on a forum title) the search bar is covering the button 'Post New Thread' - see attachment ;)

Capture.webp

Ah .. it might be the a.callToAction - I will look into that. And also update all the styles with the issues found so far (the transparent BG in the search and this) :) Thank you

I won't have time to do it today - but hope to be able to fix it tomorrow - or Tuesday at the latest.

Reactions: eod
I did find the issue and I also did fix it in my own style.

I'm just not 100% satisfied with the result lol - and need to have a second look when I'm back home from work.

Been a little crazy here - sorry you have to wait :)

Lykke

I did find the issue and I also did fix it in my own style.

I'm just not 100% satisfied with the result lol - and need to have a second look when I'm back home from work.

Been a little crazy here - sorry you have to wait :)

Lykke

Not a problem - this is a brilliant style and well worth the wait. I've been making a few little tweaks myself to the layout (mainly padding and changing icons etc) and once I'm done I'll post a link so you can see what I've done ;)

Cool Davyc :) looking forward to see what you did to it.

Luckily the other things weren't difficult to fix :) But please keep hitting me with it, if you find other things in the style.

For those who might have or will use the first post styles (for 1.1.4), Please, insert this in the template EXTRA.css:

Code:
#QuickSearch.active {
box-shadow: 5px 5px 25px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
padding-bottom: 5px;
background-color: @pageBackground;
}

a.callToAction {
background: url("styles/BrokenArch/xenforo/gradients/form-button-white-25px.png") repeat-x scroll center top #DDE0E5;
border-radius: 6px 6px 6px 6px;
box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15);
display: inline-block;
height: 20px;
line-height: 20px;
outline: 0 none;
padding: 2px;
margin-top: 35px !important;
}

In case you already did import the 1.1.5 into your forum, you can also just add the above to the template.

If you didn't export it yet - here are some new zips :)

Have fun ^^

Attachments

A truly classy style, well done :)

One minor niggle, but that's just me ;) is that the search field seems too wide by a few pixels, when clicked...(screenshots)

01.webp02.webp03.webp

Code:
.formPopup .textCtrl, .formPopup .button {
    width: 227px;
}

^ This is better, dropping the width to 227px from 232px.
Hope this helps.

ah thanks :) Was adding 4 px padding to the .Quicksearch - but this definitely is more slick ;)

^-^

AHH actually it was simpler than that :) Sorry ...

MY mistake. I was playing with the search bar to get it to fit - I placed an 245 px in it in Extra (spank me it's ok lol -next time I make a style I'm sure I'm much more aware of all this!)

Find:

.formPopup {
width: 245px;
background-color: transparent!important;
}

And replace with:

.formPopup {
background-color: transparent!important;
}

:)

it was simpler than that
Cool. :) Great to see it coming along.

One last thing I spotted, promise:
Also, I checked and added the style to www.thatgameforum.com which has the portal
Reducing the page width slightly to 1034px like this...

Code:
.pageWidth {
    margin: auto;
    min-width: 1000px;
    width: 1034px;
}

(or in the style's Page Width Controller)

...would prevent the horizontal scrolling bar (caused by the Facebook block) from occurring.
Tested in Firefox 8, but would affect all browsers nevertheless.

One last thing I spotted, promise:

Are you SURE? :p

You're a gem :) THANK you!

I will wait a few more days (just to see what more might be revealed =) ) and then update first thread with the new updated styles for 1.1.5 - the 1.1.4 style will still be available for those who want them on our own forum (but can only have 10 attachments to one post and having all new updates in first must be better.

I will also include the updated codes for EXTRA.css in the first post to have it all collected, for those who already did import the style.

(y)

I have found another little issue:
the position for the node icon for "unread" must be change from zero when usind the css sprites.

How do you fix that?

Lykke, thanks for the fixes! and trilogy33 for hunting some down.

I have set the position for the node icon for unread to "-36px 0"
that works with my sprite icon.
you can set this in the style setup under "node icon forum unread"
hope that helps

Here is the red used. Will do more this evening. Installed on RC1.

Love the logo :D

Thank you to all for your updates to make the style better. I had a crazy work-evening last night (working on a style for a game developing company) and did not have time to update the first thread, as I hoped for - but I should be able to do that tonight.

Reactions: eod
Top Bottom