Fixed  Broken Images

Edrondol

When I attempt to upload a picture file I get an error. I can do a thumbnail, but when trying to do a full upload all it does is prints "attachFull#". When you click on it it tells you the image is broken.

It does not do that here.

What setting have I messed up? :)

When I upload the picture it only posts the "attachFull#" but no picture and no error. Sometimes it only puts in the file name but no link or anything like that. If you try and edit the post it shows up as "".

OCCASIONALLY, it will give a link that you can click on and that link tells you the image is broken. I'm trying to get you a screen shot, but it's only putting up the file name now.

Oh, and I'm using the latest Firefox and the "Upload a file" button. I was able to duplicate in IE.

Yes. Pictures here are fine.

I'm recompiling Apache with GD on my site right now. Hopefully that will work, although it had GD checked before.

This may be a dumb question, but right now we're running PHP 5.2.14. Is this the latest stable version? I recall seeing 5.3.3 available. Would it be worth it to compile & update to that?

This may be a dumb question, but right now we're running PHP 5.2.14. Is this the latest stable version? I recall seeing 5.3.3 available. Would it be worth it to compile & update to that?

It will be nice to have 5.3.3 for other things but not for this particular problem

My server is using PHP 5.2.14 and I don't have any issues so it's probably not worth the work to upgrade.

Yes. Pictures here are fine.

I'm recompiling Apache with GD on my site right now. Hopefully that will work, although it had GD checked before.
GD should only be for thumbnailing. (Well, unless the image is bigger than your allowed dimensions in the attachment settings, then it'll be shrunk.) What are the dimensions of the image?

Can you save the broken image that's downloaded, zip up the file, and attach it here?

GD should only be for thumbnailing. (Well, unless the image is bigger than your allowed dimensions in the attachment settings, then it'll be shrunk.) What are the dimensions of the image?

Can you save the broken image that's downloaded, zip up the file, and attach it here?

Nope. Right now all it's doing is putting the "attachFull#" placeholder in the thread. The example picture I just tried is 250x154. I just tried one that was 112x168 and it failed, too.

Again, no error message at this time.

Nope. Right now all it's doing is putting the "attachFull#" placeholder in the thread. The example picture I just tried is 250x154. I just tried one that was 112x168 and it failed, too.

Again, no error message at this time.

I think this has to do with your permissions .... double check that your server can read your upload folder ...

Blandt has gone above and beyond to help me but we've run upon a weird error. He can see images posted on my board but neither I nor a number of my test users can. I've cleared my browser cache (ctrl-f5) several times and even installed Chrome to test on a fresh browser. He sees the images but all we get is broken links when we view.

Ideas?

http://www.halforums.com/xenforo/

Login: DaveTest
Password: ironwood

Unless you want to register, which will be erased when I update to Beta 2 and above. If you figure it out I'll send you a cookie in the mail.

Note that in a couple of minutes from this writing my host is pulling my site for 15-20 minutes to upgrade our HDs. So if you can't get in that's why.

Top Bottom