Breaking News - Margaret Thatcher Dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly dont know a huge amount about her rule due to it being both before I was born, and due to our pitiful education system only glossing over UK history after WW2.

Note that we generally don't let political threads live for that long because of what they turn into. This is a thread about a news story. Don't turn it into "ding dong the witch is dead" type of comments which are right common right now or it's going to get closed.

She did good in the Falklands, never backed down from that and really stood her ground. R.I.P

Note that we generally don't let political threads live for that long because of what they turn into. This is a thread about a news story. Don't turn it into "ding dong the witch is dead" type of comments which are right common right now or it's going to get closed.

OK got the message.

Approval of Thatcher as in a sad day she's dead, or she did some good is permitted; but relief and disapproval not allowed.

Mike please don't insult witches. I realise you wrote it quickly or maybe didn't know. Witches are a substantial minority group in the UK (and all Western societies) and deserve the same respect as any other law abiding group.
Thatcher was not a witch. Though there are certainly witches who supported her policies as the range of politics among witches is very wide.

What I said is the exact thing that is being commonly posted elsewhere.

What I said is the exact thing that is being commonly posted elsewhere.

No problem on you Mike. I'm sure you didn't realise that witchs are real people who don't like that kind of wording. There are quite a few on here by the way :) all supporting XF through the bad period.

I highly recommend giving The Iron lady a watch. Meryl Streep portrayed Margaret Thatcher brilliantly and it was a good movie and in parts actually made her a more likeable character.

Having been raised in the north, our dislike for Maggie is well-known... but you have to respect how tough she was, whether you agree with her policies or not. She never backed down and always stood her ground.

My condolences go out to her family, unreservedly.

No problem on you Mike. I'm sure you didn't realise that witchs are real people who don't like that kind of wording. There are quite a few on here by the way :) all supporting XF through the bad period.
Yes there are quite a few on here.. and it's only you who complains incessantly whenever any kind of witch-related comment is made.

She was 87 and very ill. Her death was not unexpected. So the surprise factor of that news is not very large.

But kudos to the people in Great Britain who elected a woman to such a position long before women usually had any chances to reach such positions. And this also shows what a great woman she was. Not only being able to reach such a position, but also to make history during her office time.

RIP.

I can't say I agree with what I know of her politics (though that is rather limited), but the achievement alone of being the first female Prime Minister is laudable in my book. The death of anyone is sad. I'm very upset to see how immaturely some people have reacted... (not here! :) )

I can't say I agree with what I know of her politics (though that is rather limited), but the achievement alone of being the first female Prime Minister is laudable in my book. The death of anyone is sad. I'm very upset to see how immaturely some people have reacted... (not here! :) )

I'm quite sure she still is the only female prime minister. Certainly an achievement in itself considering the obstacles she must have encountered on her way to power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom