Add-on Breaking News Static Banner

Inkman

Hi all

I am really in the need for a breaking news banner for the bottom of my forum, i want it to be similar to the Breaking News banner that they have on the Sky News page from time to time.

I want it so its static but at the bottom of each page full length and the same colour as the preview below with it saying BREAKING NEWS on the left. It also would need to have a section in the admin control panel were i could add text to the banner a make it clickable so it goes to a certain thread.

I hope someone can help.
Thank you.

PREVIEW:
uploaded below

Attachments

• SkyNewsbreakingnews-banner.webp
    SkyNewsbreakingnews-banner.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 111
This is no add-on
You just need to add 1 string to header template
Code:
<xen:hook name="header">
<div id="header">
    <xen:include template="logo_block" />
    <xen:include template="navigation" />
    <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><xen:include template="search_bar" /></xen:if>

<span class="breaking_news">breaking news<a href="">you news text</a></span>

</div>
</xen:hook>
Also You need to add

Code:
.breaking_news {
background-color: #FEE300;
color: black;
width: 400px;

margin-left: 30px;
}

.breaking_news  a {
color: #FEE300;
background-color: black;
width: 200px;
margin-left: 30px;
}
to EXTRA.CSS (its example, You may customize css to You style)

Thanks for your reply.
I need it to be at the bottom of all my pages but static so where ever you go on the page it stays in the same place and the full width of the page.
And it would be excellent if it could post the titles of a certain forum and make them click-able like a sliding ticker.

No i dont like them they are ugly and everyone has them... i want/need a breaking news ticker as requested/described above.

Thanks for your reply.
I need it to be at the bottom of all my pages but static so where ever you go on the page it stays in the same place and the full width of the page.
And it would be excellent if it could post the titles of a certain forum and make them click-able like a sliding ticker.

Ok, add this code to footer template (not header)
<span class="breaking_news">breaking news<a href="">you news text</a></span>

I'm afraid I do not understand what you need
Give more information.
For example a picture, in which part of the forum should be this black-and-yellow line.
And what should be in line.

Top Bottom