XF 2.0 Bounce connection error: cannot connect to host

FoxCom

1517650244845.webp

Server error logs

Code:
Zend\Mail\Protocol\Exception\RuntimeException: Bounce connection error: cannot connect to host ; error = fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://london.mxroute.com:993 (Connection timed out) (errno = 0 ) src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Imap.php:93
Generated by: Unknown account Feb 3, 2018 at 3:36 AM

Stack trace

Code:
#0 src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Storage/Imap.php(205): Zend\Mail\Protocol\Imap->connect('london.mxroute....', 993, 'SSL')
#1 src/XF/EmailBounce/Processor.php(241): Zend\Mail\Storage\Imap->__construct(Array)
#2 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(15): XF\EmailBounce\Processor::getDefaultBounceHandlerStorage(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#3 src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->XF\SubContainer\{closure}(Object(XF\Container))
#4 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(43): XF\Container->offsetGet('storage')
#5 src/XF/Job/EmailBounce.php(20): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->storage()
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\EmailBounce->run(7.9999990463257)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#9 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}

-------------

Previous ErrorException: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://london.mxroute.com:993 (Connection timed out) - src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Imap.php:90
#0 [internal function]: Zend\Stdlib\ErrorHandler::addError(2, 'fsockopen(): un...', '/home2/ooozoo/p...', 90, Array)
#1 src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Imap.php(90): fsockopen('ssl://london.mx...', 993, 110, 'Connection time...', 30)
#2 src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Storage/Imap.php(205): Zend\Mail\Protocol\Imap->connect('london.mxroute....', 993, 'SSL')
#3 src/XF/EmailBounce/Processor.php(241): Zend\Mail\Storage\Imap->__construct(Array)
#4 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(15): XF\EmailBounce\Processor::getDefaultBounceHandlerStorage(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#5 src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->XF\SubContainer\{closure}(Object(XF\Container))
#6 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(43): XF\Container->offsetGet('storage')
#7 src/XF/Job/EmailBounce.php(20): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->storage()
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\EmailBounce->run(7.9999990463257)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#11 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#12 {main}

Request state

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(19) "https://mywebsite/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Email Bounce Logs

Code:
No entries have been logged.

My errors had gotten resolved shortly after this issue..

Make sure the ports needed are not blocked at the firewall (you may need assistance from your hosting company to be sure of this).

My errors had gotten resolved shortly after this issue..

Make sure the ports needed are not blocked at the firewall (you may need assistance from your hosting company to be sure of this).
You resolved it with your host company also od do i have to do settings by myslf but Wich ones exactly ??
Thank you

You resolved it with your host company also od do i have to do settings by myslf but Wich ones exactly ??

Since I was already discussing something with my hosting company, I mentioned it to them in the call and they had it done in 30 seconds. They just have to add whatever ports you require for your particular setup, and restart the firewall...

Ok thank you !!
According to my message error it seems that the issue is from port 143 IMAP. But when i check my host it is already open look at the last one.

Capture d’écran 2018-02-24 à 14.51.44.webp

I've opened a ticket with my host support !!

What port have you configured XenForo to communicate via SMTP with? That is the port that needs to be open to connections outbound (at the least).

Last edited:
What port have you configured XenForo to communicate via SMTP with? That is the port that needs to be open to connections outbound (at the least).
Good Question !!
I was thinking about it also. And yes i don't use the default Xenforo SMTP but Pepipost for my transactionnals emails. So I deactivate it and but the Xenforo SMTP with my host to see if i still avec these errors.
Thank you !!

Yesterday I connected the forum to the cloudflare.com and a few minutes later there was an error, maybe someone will tell me how to solve it? When disconnecting the cloudflare, everything works and the error disappears.
This is not a forum error, it is not knowing how to properly configure cloudflare.com.

Code:
Zend\Mail\Protocol\Exception\RuntimeException: Bounce connection error: cannot connect to host ; error = fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://mysite.com:993 (Connection timed out) (errno = 0 ) src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Imap.php:93
Generated by: Unknown account Jan 26, 2019 at 10:23 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Storage/Imap.php(205): Zend\Mail\Protocol\Imap->connect('ssl://privorot....', 993, 'ssl')
#1 src/XF/EmailBounce/Processor.php(241): Zend\Mail\Storage\Imap->__construct(Object(stdClass))
#2 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(15): XF\EmailBounce\Processor::getDefaultBounceHandlerStorage(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#3 src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->XF\SubContainer\{closure}(Object(XF\Container))
#4 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(43): XF\Container->offsetGet('storage')
#5 src/XF/Job/EmailBounce.php(20): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->storage()
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\EmailBounce->run(G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#9 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}

-------------

Previous ErrorException: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://mysite.com:993 (Connection timed out) - src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Imap.php:90
#0 [internal function]: Zend\Stdlib\ErrorHandler::addError(2, 'fsockopen(): un...', '/home/privorot/...', 90, Array)
#1 src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Imap.php(90): fsockopen('ssl://privorot....', 993, 110, 'Connection time...', 30)
#2 src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Storage/Imap.php(205): Zend\Mail\Protocol\Imap->connect('ssl://privorot....', 993, 'ssl')
#3 src/XF/EmailBounce/Processor.php(241): Zend\Mail\Storage\Imap->__construct(Object(stdClass))
#4 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(15): XF\EmailBounce\Processor::getDefaultBounceHandlerStorage(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#5 src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->XF\SubContainer\{closure}(Object(XF\Container))
#6 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(43): XF\Container->offsetGet('storage')
#7 src/XF/Job/EmailBounce.php(20): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->storage()
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\EmailBounce->run(G)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#11 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(51) "https://mysite.com"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
If you change your site's DNS to point to CF, then your domain will resolve to the IP of one of their servers.

For any non-HTTP service, you'll need to connect directly to your server's IP (or setup a sub-domain that points to your IP without being proxied by CF).

Maybe then point me to my mistake in filling in the dns data?
I wrote on the hosting, they checked everything, they said it works fine, they can not understand the reason. Then they looked at the settings of the cloudflare and also could not find any errors ...

DNS I, of course, changed from the domain registrar, to the one that gave me CF

Sorry for my English 😞

Last edited:
Top Bottom