Bought the Playstation 4 :)

I was lucky enough to snag the launch edition DualShock 4 bundle from Amazon back in August. Waiting for my shipment to arrive today is going to be agonizing!

I'm waiting for after the release. History has taught me that it's usually the poor & unexpecting first orders customers, who end up "beta testing" out of their own wallets. And would rather buy it once any possible "issues" are resolved.

Got mine at midnight last night. Best Buy had an amazing surprise sale too.. All accessories and PS4 games purchased on the same receipt of your PS4 was 25% off from midnight til 2am.

I had launch day Xbox360 and PS3. Xbox360 went 5 years before red ring of death, PS3 still works. Granted I don't play much but I see no reason to wait b/c of the technology. For price it makes sense.

The only launch problems I've read about so far are the wobbling (which is not actually a problem) and that the HDMI port is fragile (and that's an easy fix if it breaks). Of course, it hasn't been out long enough to pin everything down.

The launch lineup isn't great, I am excited for Contrast but I don't think I'll get much use from the system until next year (FFXIV, The Order: 1886, Destiny, etc.). It won't see a price cut for a long time, much longer than the PS3, so I don't mind buying now. FFXIV will go into PS4 beta in February so I haven't got long to wait.

How are they for blu-ray or NetFlix? I've had terrible luck with blu-ray players and was thinking of moving up to a PS4, but it will mostly be used for NetFlix.

Quite honestly, I still have my Xbox 360 and I pretty much just use that for Netflix, although I got the ChromeCast a few weeks ago and that's taken over.

And I don't think I'll be getting either console, I've fully integrated into PC gaming, which I've found better. But do tell me how the PS4/Xbox 1 fair, just in case the inner console gamer in me goes crazy and wants to buy one.

I bought the original Xbox and Xbox360 "core" version on launch day. The only Xbox360 I could score was the "no hard drive" "core" version. I still have that version, but it's been replaced twice by the RRoD under warranty. I had to buy a separate hard drive (10G I think) for it eventually which was something like 100 USD at the time. I refuse to upgrade it to a 120G drive with the xBox One right around the corner.

But I've been too busy to play the last few months. I'll probably wait to see if there are any games that'll knock my socks off first.

This is probably going to be the last console lunch in history.
Everything is going to be tablet based, and the pic from the tablet is going to be sent to the TV, while your tablet is going to be your joystick (or your smartphone).

Top Bottom