Bought the Playstation 4 :)

This is probably going to be the last console lunch in history.
Everything is going to be tablet based, and the pic from the tablet is going to be sent to the TV, while your tablet is going to be your joystick (or your smartphone).
Doubtful, console has a lot of followers.

Considering how technology develops, and the average life of a console is about 7-8 years, this is a very logical reasoning.

Consoles were around long before the first computer game was made. the fact that a console still costs more then a cheap laptop or tablet should tell you, they will still be around for a long time. Just like a PC, consoles also continue to build on technology with faster rendering, new video engines etc.

Considering how technology develops, and the average life of a console is about 7-8 years, this is a very logical reasoning.

I doubt that also. Can't ever see tablet form/touch games take over consoles. There's a place for all technology and although tablets have been popular it doesn't necessarily mean one tech will make another obsolete or take over it. imo of course. I'm not a console gamer btw and I'm neither a tablet gamer (if you can call them games on tablets).

It's also the go to gaming platform for a lot of groups. I just don't think you'll be seeing CoD turn to tablets over TVs.

Or the left for dead series. :P Could you just imagine that in tablet form? The pace of that game would result in your fingers being broke within 5 minutes of gameplay. :ROFLMAO:

I'll stick to my keyboard and mouse thank you :D

Amen to that.

Here's a challenge for you Russ . Do a speed run on crash course start to finish and see if you can beat my time :laugh: #challengeset

Attachments

• crashcourse time trial.webp
    crashcourse time trial.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 28
Or the left for dead series. :p Could you just imagine that in tablet form? The pace of that game would result in your fingers being broke within 5 minutes of gameplay. :ROFLMAO:

I would pretty much be slapping my hands against the screen. Like I was having an extremely girly fight with my tablet.

How are they for blu-ray or NetFlix? I've had terrible luck with blu-ray players and was thinking of moving up to a PS4, but it will mostly be used for NetFlix.
I just used Netflix on my PS4 today without any problems. I used to use it on the PS3 as well. I don't own any blu-rays so I can't speak on that front, but no complaints about Netflix.
Quite honestly, I still have my Xbox 360 and I pretty much just use that for Netflix
I can't understand why anyone would use a 360 for Netflix if they're not really a gamer. To use it, you have to be subscribed to Xbox Live, which nowadays is about $35/yr. It's not breaking the bank, but it's still ridiculous to pay it when you're not using Live for anything else.

There are much cheaper options out there now, like a Chromecast (as you said) or a Roku. Hell, even a Wii, if you've got one laying around, works.
I bought the original Xbox and Xbox360 "core" version on launch day. The only Xbox360 I could score was the "no hard drive" "core" version. I still have that version, but it's been replaced twice by the RRoD under warranty. I had to buy a separate hard drive (10G I think) for it eventually which was something like 100 USD at the time. I refuse to upgrade it to a 120G drive with the xBox One right around the corner.

But I've been too busy to play the last few months. I'll probably wait to see if there are any games that'll knock my socks off first.
Luckily, with the PS4, you can put any standard laptop-sized hard drive in there. Easy to upgrade your storage space or deal with hard drive failure! :)

Resogun is really amazing, quite a lot of fun even if it's a simple concept. I'm enjoying the atmosphere of Contrast so far, I'm afraid I may have overhyped myself for it, but then, I'm not very far into it yet. Tried Warframe for a few minutes and really disliked it.

If anyone wants to add me on the PSN, my ID is mistypants.

Getting mine on tuesday, apparently some shipping company named Lasership is bringing mine ( never heard of it ever before ) but I've heard horrible things already. Hopefully they deliver it in one piece :p

Getting mine on tuesday, apparently some shipping company named Lasership is bringing mine ( never heard of it ever before ) but I've heard horrible things already. Hopefully they deliver it in one piece :p
That's rough! UPS delivered mine way earlier than I expected on Friday, street day delivery is one of the benefits of ordering from Amazon I suppose. That said, I have heard about the problems people have had with the PS4s and they seem to be small numbers (despite the Amazon reviews). Of course, delivery workers treating your package as the industry seems to treat them is a whole other story... :ROFLMAO:

Picked mine up later that day after work. I heard there were bunch of people having issues with it. Hopefully mine holds up fine. Anyways I'm loving it so far.

I can't understand why anyone would use a 360 for Netflix if they're not really a gamer. To use it, you have to be subscribed to Xbox Live, which nowadays is about $35/yr. It's not breaking the bank, but it's still ridiculous to pay it when you're not using Live for anything else.

There are much cheaper options out there now, like a Chromecast (as you said) or a Roku. Hell, even a Wii, if you've got one laying around, works.

I used to play Xbox 360 quite a lot, and I still like being able to pick it up and play.

Picked mine up later that day after work. I heard there were bunch of people having issues with it. Hopefully mine holds up fine. Anyways I'm loving it so far.
Sony says it's a small number of folks who have a problem with it, but however is an easy fix.

Top Bottom