Bought the Playstation 4 :)

I went on a mission to find one yesterday... Visited 3 Targets, 2 Walmarts, 3 Toys R Us, 3 GameStops, 3 Best Buys, 2 Radioshacks and 2 Costcos.

A lot of Xbox One machines laying around unsold, but nada for PS4. Most places said there's more or less no chance of getting a PS4 anytime soon... Except Toys R Us... the guy told me they were expecting to get 25 on Monday and were planning on selling 4-5 each day on a first come, first serve basis... so if I were to call when they open maybe I could get one.

But yeah... all the places more or less said everyone has been trying to get PS4s and their Xbox Ones have been going unsold.

Yep, that's been the case so far. I am sure Sony will ship more out to the stores this week for Black Friday weekend.

Was getting lunch next to a GameStop so figured I would ask them when they might even be taking orders for PS4s... Apparently they got a secret shipment of 25 PS4s this morning, and now the last one they had is sitting in my car. Someone will probably see it and smash my car window while I eat lunch.

Was getting lunch next to a GameStop so figured I would ask them when they might even be taking orders for PS4s... Apparently they got a secret shipment of 25 PS4s this morning, and now the last one they had is sitting in my car. Someone will probably see it and smash my car window while I eat lunch.
Where did you say you were parked? :cool:

Wasn't too much of a secret if you got the last one available.. haha.

I got an email from Gamestop today telling me my location had more as well....
I just got a healthy check from a client for some work (and expecting an even bigger one this weekend). Debating on whether to go by my local GameStop and check and see if they have any... and if so get one. That way on my game console table I can have the One, the 360, the PS/3 and the PS/4 side by side - and my son sneaking in to "appropriate" the first or the last if I don't keep the door locked. :ROFLMAO:

Side note - I've owned PlayStation, PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox 360. Xbox One is going to be first one I don't get (haven't used 360 in about 5 years since I got PS3).

Ridiculous seeing that in writing since I get *maybe* one game a year.

Was at a client's working tonight and the sudden urge hit me to call the Game Stop down the road.
Ring...Ring...Ring
Them: Thank you for calling Game Stop <and then the rest of the intro spiel>
Me: Hey, this is Tracy, I got a question for you
Them: Hey Tracy, you ready for a PS-4
Me: Yep, that's exactly what I was calling about
Them: <laughs> Well, I figured you wouldn't just want the One
Me: <laughing> Well, am I in luck
Them: In fact, you are. I have ONE left in back
Me: Put my name on it.... I'll be there in about 4 minutes

Five minutes later I walk in the front door and it's already waiting for me behind the counter with my name on it. Let's see.... that's close to $1400 I've spent in there this month so far. As I was checking out I snapped a picture of it and my hand holding the cash in front of it and sent it to our son (26 years old) - who has been wanting one but is to tight to cut loose the money. Response back from him involved the word hole and another name for a donkey.
Went by the house and picked up my wife to go out and eat and went by his house. He comes out and I ask him if he wants to go with us and needless to say the chow hound did. As he opens the front door the PS/4 is sitting in the passenger seat. "That's not nice" says he... "What do you want me to do with this" says he next. Says I "Take it in your house and hook it up to your 60" TV we gave you for Christmas - it's the second part of your Christmas present"

Right Time = $
Right Place = $
Look on son's face as he realizes he just got a PS/4 = Priceless

Honestly, the smile on his face as he was unboxing it was like when he was a youngster at Christmas.

They announced it in India and pre-orders have begin. I've decided to wait for the first iteration of the hardware like a true gamer .. geek person who cares for money.

On a related note - I've just renewed my xenForo license.

They announced it in India and pre-orders have begin. I've decided to wait for the first iteration of the hardware like a true gamer .. geek person who cares for money.
Figured for the PS/4 he could be our family test subject.

On a related note - I've just renewed my xenForo license.
Don't you mean an unrelated note? :ROFLMAO:

Just to emphasize my philosophy. Went in to preorder Destiny tonight at GameStop and my wife was with me. Her present to me
image.webp

Was at a client's working tonight and the sudden urge hit me to call the Game Stop down the road.
Ring...Ring...Ring
Them: Thank you for calling Game Stop <and then the rest of the intro spiel>
Me: Hey, this is Tracy, I got a question for you
Them: Hey Tracy, you ready for a PS-4
Me: Yep, that's exactly what I was calling about
Them: <laughs> Well, I figured you wouldn't just want the One
Me: <laughing> Well, am I in luck
Them: In fact, you are. I have ONE left in back
Me: Put my name on it.... I'll be there in about 4 minutes

Five minutes later I walk in the front door and it's already waiting for me behind the counter with my name on it. Let's see.... that's close to $1400 I've spent in there this month so far. As I was checking out I snapped a picture of it and my hand holding the cash in front of it and sent it to our son (26 years old) - who has been wanting one but is to tight to cut loose the money. Response back from him involved the word hole and another name for a donkey.
Went by the house and picked up my wife to go out and eat and went by his house. He comes out and I ask him if he wants to go with us and needless to say the chow hound did. As he opens the front door the PS/4 is sitting in the passenger seat. "That's not nice" says he... "What do you want me to do with this" says he next. Says I "Take it in your house and hook it up to your 60" TV we gave you for Christmas - it's the second part of your Christmas present"

Right Time = $
Right Place = $
Look on son's face as he realizes he just got a PS/4 = Priceless

Honestly, the smile on his face as he was unboxing it was like when he was a youngster at Christmas.
And they say people with movie character names have no heart. LOL $1,400 for a package of the PS4, large drive, 4-5 games, 2 controllers and some other odd bits and bobs, right?

And they say people with movie character names have no heart. LOL $1,400 for a package of the PS4, large drive, 4-5 games, 2 controllers and some other odd bits and bobs, right?
Naw... PS/4 (one for him and now one for us - read me), xBox One, BF/4 for xBox One (upgraded 360 version), COD Ghosts for xBox One (upgraded 360 version), repurchase 360 version of BF/4, repurchase 360 version of COD Ghosts, Forza 5, Red Dead Redemption for 360, pre-order TitanFall, pre-order Destiny and a few other odds and ends. Now it's well above that since we have the PS/4 here at the house and I had to get BF/4 for it, Playstation 4 Plus and went ahead and joined the PowerUp Rewards Pro.

Ah. I was interested in getting a PS4 for myself because of reasons I stated before, but going to the mall or ordering now would be a royal pain in the butt. I'll probably wait until summer when the price drops about $120 and get one then.

Walked out with the last one last week. It was quite satisfying. Now just got FIFA and Assassins Creed to play.
I'm getting expensive... now gotta get games in 360 format, xBox One format and the PS/4 - some the same game across the different platforms!

Top Bottom