Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I am not sure who to ask so I am asking both, upon moving an thread I receive this error.

Undefined index: join
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Model/Post.php at line 11
EWRporta_Model_Post->getPostsInThread() in Bookmarks/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 26
Bookmarks_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionMove() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/----------------------/httpdocs/forum/index.php at line 13

That is XenPorta. Look over there ?

I love this mod!
It would be fantastic if you could add a button to the editor toolbar so you can insert links to bookmarks with ease. Support staff can then direct people to areas easily. Just a suggestion but I think it has value :)
Would you be interested in something like the image below (same as the HappyPlace box) with a list of your Quick Link bookmarks?
Bookmarks_Editor.webp

Syndol updated Bookmarks with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.9

What's new:

After all these months, just when I thought this add-on was completely bug free...​
Fixed a bug that had to do with threads being permanently deleted.​
As you know, when a post is deleted (be it 'soft' or 'hard') the user receives an alert that informs them of this and includes the ability to display the now deleted post in an overlay. This allows the user to view their bookmarked post one last time (as the post is now no...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Now you said it, I remember having the problem some times ago, but did not focus on the problem, thus forgetting fastly. :D

Thanks for the fix.

Would you be interested in something like the image below (same as the HappyPlace box) with a list of your Quick Link bookmarks?
View attachment 30695

Would/Can you make this optional if you ever introduce this syndol? I wouldn't fancy that conflicting with the happyplace or inducing any kind of cluttering.

Nice update, excellent works as always.

Would/Can you make this optional if you ever introduce this syndol?
It was just an idea of how to easily get bookmarks into the editor. Changes as these are always provided as optional.
I do not think I will include it though mainly because it leaves a gap between the tab and the submit button but mostly because I cannot get it to remain in place when the bb code editor is selected.
So for now no changes are planned.

I have noticed a small issue that occurs when you intend to add a bookmark to the quick links tab without a Note. You will get an error message but because of that sometimes you can't reach the bookmark/cancel buttons anymore.
bookmark.webp
In this picture you can still reach those buttons but sometimes you can't reach them anymore and can't scroll down without using firebug and the likes. So my suggestion is to set the overlay a bit higher. (This btw is the same issue that is present with TMS)

I am currently out of the country for a week and so will not be able to fix right now.
When I return home I'll fix that by adding a scroll bar. Sorry for the delay.

Hi. On another site when I tried to use a bookmark feature I was prompted (see attached picture) with a message that I would have to make a membership upgrade to use that feature. In Xenforo, for instance the bookmark link in Bookmarks, is visible/unvisible to the user depending on what the group permission is set to. I think it would be a great thing to have the bookmark link always visible. If the user has the right permission, it will be bookmarked. Otherwise the user will get a message that an user upgrade i necessary to use it.

Would this be possible to implement in this add-on? I think the great thing about it is that users a more likely to discover this specific function instead of doing it the other way where the user actively must do an upgrade first to possibly discover it.

upgrade.webp

On another site when I tried to use a bookmark feature I was prompted (see attached picture) with a message that I would have to make a membership upgrade to use that feature.
If enough people are interested in this then I will look into adding this feature but the message will be in an overlay.
Otherwise, I could show you how to do this with a new template (overlay) and a couple of tiny changes to 2 files.

If enough people are interested in this then I will look into adding this feature but the message will be in an overlay.
Otherwise, I could show you how to do this with a new template (overlay) and a couple of tiny changes to 2 files.

as an "option", this idea might be nice.

Last edited:
Obviously, I'm interested :) Good idea to eventually make the feature optional as well, depending on the setup you want.
What changes would be necessary to get this idea rolling? Is it possible to make it as a small add-on with help of TMS?

Great add-on! Extremely useful, thank you Syndol!

I have a question perhaps others may know the answer here. The Private/Public button displays 'Privat' without the 'e' under Safari and Chrome, yet when using Firefox it looks fine. I'm not using any language packages (yet), and this still happens when using the XF default style.

Here's a snapshot

Screen shot 2012-08-29 at 1.00.31 PM.webp

Hi Syndol I haven't received the last update... :(

Edit: Sorry, my fault... I've received the update some days ago ;)

Top Bottom