XF 1.2 Board URL

Jim Giles

Sorry for the dumb question but I installed XenForo successfully but how do I get it to appear at my url, e.g., www.example.com? No forums/, etc. I want the board to appear when someone goes to my home page which I have deactivated from appearing in the navigation bar.

What exactly needs to be copied? Multiple subfolders and files?
If you are going to do a custom off the default style then everything under your /styles/default need to be copied into one that you name (depending on what you want to call it will be where you copy it). To follow the xenForo convention on styles it needs to be placed in your /styles directory.

If you are having difficulty understanding the process you can start a conversation with me and I'll be happy to do the basics of it for you. I will need to be able to log in and modify styles via you ACP (I think a normal administrator can do that ). I will also need to be able to access the forum structure either via your panel (cPanel or whatever) or have SSH access if you do not use a panel.

Last edited:
If you are having difficulty understanding the process you can start a conversation with me and I'll be happy to do the basics of it for you. I will need to be able to log in and modify styles via you ACP (I think a normal administrator can do that - correct @Jeremy?). I will also need to be able to access the forum structure either via your panel (cPanel or whatever) or have SSH access if you do not use a panel.
My tiny little brain is fried as I have been multi-tasking. Let me recover, reexamine and see if I can make it work and if not I may take you up on your offer.

Thank you very much.

My tiny little brain is fried as I have been multi-tasking. Let me recover, reexamine and see if I can make it work and if not I may take you up on your offer.

Thank you very much.
Know how that goes... I got Admin Control panels opened for all 5 of my forums right now doing edits and 2 blogs (3 xenForo and 2 myBB and 2 WordPress) - not to mention two tabs for this forum reading/looking at resources.

Top Bottom