Biggest Board Built On XF From Scratch

TheBigK

I'm trying to see the SEO capabilities of the software and wondering how's the response other admins have received after setting up XF?

Are there any BIG boards in the making (say 25k+ posts) built from scratch apart from XF's own board?

Well I doubt you'll see ANY built from scratch sites with 25K+ posts yet, as the beta hasn't been out that long. Doesn't mean pre-existing sites haven't converted though. OTOH, any sufficiently big site would hopefully wait for a gold release and do plenty of testing beforehand.

I'm trying to see the SEO capabilities of the software and wondering how's the response other admins have received after setting up XF?

Are there any BIG boards in the making (say 25k+ posts) built from scratch apart from XF's own board?

If you mean 'built from scratch' as only using xF and not converted from another software, that would be pushing it as xF has only been on sale for a couple of weeks.

This site has converted from vB to xF and has over 675k posts - We Talk Nation

ETA: I got interrupted by a phone call whilst posting and beaten to it by Elizabeth & Wired. :mad:

OTOH, any sufficiently big site would hopefully wait for a gold release and do plenty of testing beforehand.

Indeed, I know of 2 big sites (around 9-10 million posts) that have announced intentions to convert, but it'll be a while before they do - AV Forums & urban75.

Yep, I understand that it's very difficult to build a 'big board' from scratch. My intention is to see how XF attracts traffic. I see pretty good listing for XF's official website on Google. However, XF had a start as IB filed a lawsuit against XF and most of the dissatisfied vB users moved to XF.

I'm also interested in knowing what sitemap solution can we use until an official solution / addon is made available for XF?

Yep, I understand that it's very difficult to build a 'big board' from scratch. My intention is to see how XF attracts traffic. I see pretty good listing for XF's official website on Google. However, XF had a start as IB filed a lawsuit against XF and most of the dissatisfied vB users moved to XF.

I'm also interested in knowing what sitemap solution can we use until an official solution / addon is made available for XF?
Yeah but XF had ALOT of members and traffic before the lawsuit was announced.

The point is (and yes, we're getting OT that should be split), HOW did they hear about it? vB fans that knew of KAM's work spread the word about a new forum platforum via the social grapevine.

One of my sites has been released, brand new, for literally no longer than a week, and already it is over 500 posts. Members have already mentioned how enticing they feel the software is, to chat shorter messages, more instant responses, alerts and trophies. I actually was told by the ones registered that they hope I change my larger forum to XF sooner rather than later, as they much prefer this software.

The main points on limited feedback have been:
  • How fast it is. They are so sick of waiting for pages to load for durations that 4.x currently delivers, and that is with Shaun's mods from Digital Point, cacheing, etc.
  • How chatty it is.
  • How clean it is to just concentrate on the conversation and not all these extra pieces of information being around that distracts.
  • How purely and utterly simple it is. Most of my members are not web oriented, ie. tech savvy, and they are just general everyday users. They like it that much more in such a short time, with no enticement from me.

I'm considering going over to it but the length of time that the import will take is a major put off. Would easily have to take the site offline for at least a day possibly more. AV Forums if they do make the switch will be doing the importing for a week lol.

What is a "Big Board"?

At Tradition Sports Online (we also just switched domains), we have a fairly large number of posts.

We are using xF on our live boards and plan to continue doing so. Coming from vBulletin, it is as stable as 3, and far better than the test of vB 4 we did.

Our current statistics:
Discussions:35,553
Members:933
Nice style there. I think you have waaaay too many forums and sub forums though.

Top Bottom