Better SSH Terminal For Windows

Brent W

So I have been spoiled by Terminal on my Macbook Air but my main computer is Windows based. I don't really care for putty that much compared to Terminal. Is there something better for Windows?

OhMyZsh is a shell replacement and is super nice. Replaces in program but yeah, I recommend people use it regardless.

We got rid of putty at work and started using SecureCRT for the tab ability. We can be logged into 30 / 40 devices at any one time, so having them in tabs is easier than having the same amount of open putty windows. Not sure if they have added that feature yet, as it's been about 6 years since I downloaded putty.

Definitely SecureCRT - there's always some curses-style gui that doesn't work in anything else besides SecureCRT and a proper terminal

We got rid of putty at work and started using SecureCRT for the tab ability. We can be logged into 30 / 40 devices at any one time, so having them in tabs is easier than having the same amount of open putty windows. Not sure if they have added that feature yet, as it's been about 6 years since I downloaded putty.

You *must* have a few stacked 26" + LCD screens to be able to view and manage 30 to 40 tabbed Terminal screens running...thats awesome! ;) No, the newest puTTY does not support tabbed sessions.

You *must* have a few stacked 26" + LCD screens to be able to view and manage 30 to 40 tabbed Terminal screens running...thats awesome! ;) No, the newest puTTY does not support tabbed sessions.
Not quite
image.webp

Top Bottom