Better Blogs [Deleted]

Some SEO issues and improvements are discussed here: http://xfaddons.com/threads/better-routing.854/
These urls should not lead to errors:
favicons
http://xfaddons.com/blog/user/crashik.15812/
favicons
http://xfaddons.com/blog/category/the-xfaddons-site.14/

I have a problem with the blogs, users cant see the blogs...

The group permissions is set so users(all users including visitors ) can view all blog entries, comment and likes
how ever, only admins can see all of the blogs,
when a blogger sends an entry he marks in the view your entry: ALL VISITORS

Have you ran a permissions check (which is what it sounds like). For registered users you need to give them permissions to create and read. I'm pretty sure that guests can't create one (due to the nature of needing to be logged in).

first thing I checked...

Blogs Permissions
Can view the blogs section:
Yes (Details)
Can create blog entries:
No (Details)
Can edit blog entries:
No (Details)
Can delete blog entries:
No (Details)
Can restore deleted entries:
No (Details)
Can like blog entries:
Yes (Details)
Can comment on entries:
Yes (Details)
Can edit blog comments:
No (Details)
Can delete blog comments:
No (Details)
Can restore deleted comments:
No (Details)
Can like blog comments:
Yes (Details)
Can report entries and comments:
Yes (Details)
Can customize blog:
No (Details)
Can download blog:
No (Details)
Can create categories:
No (Details)
Can view all entries history:
Yes (Details)
Can view all comments history:
Yes (Details)

By the way, users can see a blog - My blog only (i'm the admin)
there is another blog but the cant see it.
Are you sure that the option to only allow <Members Only, People You Follow , or specific list> was not checked for that blog? If it was, then depending on what was selected is who can see it.
Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 5.19.49 AM.webp

Hi there,

For designs that support horizontal postbits, your plugin doesn't work because you force .messageUserInfo to be a fixed width of around 160px. A manual fix is needed for all these themes, not just mine. Just thought you should know. And if you need help with something let me know, cause there is no reason you need to force that width :)

@Rigel Kentaurus

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Hi there,

For designs that support vertical postbits, your plugin doesn't work because you force .messageUserInfo to be a fixed width of around 160px. A manual fix is needed for all these themes, not just mine. Just thought you should know. And if you need help with something let me know, cause there is no reason you need to force that width :)

@Rigel Kentaurus

Thanks,
Mike
I think the only special thing that I do is add a "B" icon on the left of the avatar

I think the only special thing that I do is add a "B" icon on the left of the avatar
What you can do instead of the width, is make the wrapper 'relative' positioned (position: relative;) in CSS. Then absolute the B icon wherever you want. Thus you wont need the width I presume?

ETA: Also in my original post I meant 'horizontal postbits' :p

Last edited:
I just upgraded Better blogs from the free version. When I attempted to upgrade at the admin panel I got a "the specified add--on is older than the installed version. Downgrading not possible" error message. In the package the xml file is 1.0.37 while Better blogs is 1.0.40. When checking the blogs the plug in has updated because I see the "report" link is active which is one of the upgrade features.

Can I assume that everything upgraded okay or do I need an updated xml file?

Thank you

Top Bottom