Better Blogs Importer

Better Blogs Importer 1.6.0 Beta

No permission to download

Recep Baltaş

Recep Baltaş submitted a new resource:

Better Blogs Importer - Importer for Better Blogs/Good Enough Blogs.

You have upgraded to XenForo 2.1 just to find out that your old blogs form Better Blogs/Good Enough Blogs are incompatible with the new version. No worries! Here is a free add-on to import all your blog posts, comments and media to the new User Blogs System from XenAddons.

Requirements:

Read more about this resource...

Hello, I'm confused as it was mentioned that this was used to import to XenAddons User Blog add on but I can't seem to find that anywhere?

Sorry one more question...if I'm moving from Xenforo 1.5 to Xenforo 2.1 this would work right? I'm thinking this is an obvious "yes" since better blogs is only for Xenforo 1? Just want to be sure how the process works. Thanks!

I also explained this in the overview section but it won't hurt doing a more thorough explanation right :)
  • You are using XF 1.x with Better Blogs/Good Enoguh Blogs
  • You upgrade to XenForo 2.1
  • Xenforo 2.1 disables incompatible add-ons but does not delete database contents.
  • Now you have a working XF 2.1 without blogs. But your Better Blogs/Good Enoguh Blogs add-on can be seen disabled in the add-ons section.
  • You install UBS 2.1.6 and get it working.
  • Install Better Blogs Impoter and it will pull the data from the old database and convert it to the new one.

What is it? :oops:
Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'cover_image_header' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/addons/MF/BetterBlogsImporter/Admin/Controller/ImportBlogs.php at line 1235
MF\BetterBlogsImporter\Admin\Controller\ImportBlogs->insertEntry() in src/addons/MF/BetterBlogsImporter/Admin/Controller/ImportBlogs.php at line 403
MF\BetterBlogsImporter\Admin\Controller\ImportBlogs->processEntries() in src/addons/MF/BetterBlogsImporter/Admin/Controller/ImportBlogs.php at line 141
MF\BetterBlogsImporter\Admin\Controller\ImportBlogs->actionImport() in src/addons/MF/BetterBlogsImporter/Admin/Controller/ImportBlogs.php at line 77
MF\BetterBlogsImporter\Admin\Controller\ImportBlogs->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2190
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

That's because some of the entry or blog titles has more than 150 characters and UBS has 150 character title limit. I can release another update and ignore those who don't fit the UBS' standards or you can manually shorten entry/blog titles within phpMyAdmin.

You find those entries/blogs by running this queries:
SQL:
SELECT * FROM xfa_blog_entry WHERE CHAR_LENGTH(title) > 150
SQL:
 SELECT * FROM xfa_blog WHERE CHAR_LENGTH(blog_title) > 150

Last edited:
You are not gonna edit them within XF, you should do that within phpMyAdmin, the place where you run your manuel queries. After running that query, just click every individual title text twice and you should have the edit window. After that, complete the edit and press Enter.

If you want to delete them all, ignore above, take a backup of xfa_blog_entry and run this query:
SQL:
DELETE FROM xfa_blog_entry WHERE CHAR_LENGTH(title) > 150

Last edited:
Strange ... Many of the blog titles that are shown do not have 150 characters. Many do not even have 100 characters. WTH? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom